5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sport 5 door CVT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using CarPlay with my 2020 Impreza 5 door and my iPhone 8+ since I purchased the car 11/2020 and all has been OK, even after I installed iOS 15 on the 8+ this past Monday, however, today, I picked up my new iPhone 13 Pro Max and, since then, CarPlay launches, and, then, ends / disconnects as soon as I attempt to play any of my saved music from the phone through the car .... any ideas about what I should try? Apple Maps and Google Maps appear to both work OK still.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
140 Posts
I have been using CarPlay with my 2020 Impreza 5 door and my iPhone 8+ since I purchased the car 11/2020 and all has been OK, even after I installed iOS 15 on the 8+ this past Monday, however, today, I picked up my new iPhone 13 Pro Max and, since then, CarPlay launches, and, then, ends / disconnects as soon as I attempt to play any of my saved music from the phone through the car .... any ideas about what I should try? Apple Maps and Google Maps appear to both work OK still.
Are you using a Genuine Apple cable? Aftermarket cables do some strange things with the Harman head units. Also, there appears to be a new revision of TSB 15-236-18R which provides the must up to date software for the Harman head units which may come with some apple car play connectivity issues.

·
Registered
2020 Sport 5 door CVT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yes, genuine Apple Lightning cable. Is the TSB you mention related to the update download I can initiate? Or, is the TSB something that must be completed by a dealer?

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
140 Posts
Thanks! Yes, genuine Apple Lightning cable. Is the TSB you mention related to the update download I can initiate? Or, is the TSB something that must be completed by a dealer?
These updates will need to be done by the dealer. I believe, but don't quote me, only certain updates are done "over the air". Software updates are often done by dealers only.

·
Registered
165 Posts
See if this post helps:
https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/pwiwlu
If you are experiencing CarPlay crashing whenever you try to play music from Apple Music on your iPhone 13 Pro / Pro Max all you need to do is turn off your EQ. Specifically, late night, seems to be causing a majority of the issues. This annoying bug plagued me for the weekend and I finally was able to resolve it by doing the above method.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i also picked up the 13 pro max and have noticed some issues as well especially with apple maps through carplay. Im hoping in the coming weeks we will get an update and everything will work as it should

·
Registered
2020 Sport 5 door CVT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! I'll try this tonight.
So, this 'reset the EQ' approach does not work, and I still am unable to play music from my iPhone 13 Pro Max (with iOS 15.01) through CarPlay in my 2020 Impreza Sport 5 door .... any other ideas? anyone?

·
Registered
2020 Sport 5 door CVT
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Apple introduced iOS 15.02 today and that works! I can now use CarPlay with my iPhone 13 Pro Max and my 2020 Impreza Sport 5 door .... YAY!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts