5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway to get the CarPlay map screen to go into night mode? It was so bright driving tonight (my first extensive night drive).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good question, I noticed anything, even the map is full bright - where is the auto night mode?
That should take care of it. Had to get off the screen quickly it was immediately annoying as you
found out.

If you dim the interior lights it was slightly better, but didn't occur to me that night mode should be working
for everything at night. I have it set at auto and it was definitely dark outside. What gives? If you have it
set to Auto, what controls it? Ambient light, headlights, time of day, ????

Wait...here is something I found on another forum. Wonder if the brightness forcing it to day
mode is what is going on.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbull...-map-how-do-you-switch-day-night-mode-517393/

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The auto setting doesn't seem to do anything. This seems to be a universal problem and I've seen many posts about this same issue. Apple doesn't provide any info - even on their forums.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw a post on Reddit which may be the answer. It said lower the dashboard dimmer light control to something other than 100%. He said once he did that the Night Mode kicked in. I know my dimmer is all the way up now. Can't wait to try it when I get home.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That worked for me with Android Auto. I just went down one notch from full. I didn't even notice a change in the brightness of the dash gauges, but now night mode kicks in when it should. Before that, it was day mode all the time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It just worked for me too with CarPlay. Just took the dimmer down 1 notch...which is perfect for driving...and the night mode on maps kicked right in.

·
Administrator
785 Posts
I'll have to flag this for future reference. Daylight mode at night would drive me crazy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yup, I had the same issue but dimming it down 1 notch does the trick.

Has anyone figured an auto mode that actually works (at least for Apple) ? It's not that hard just that I forget lots of times or I realize I'm driving in daylight with my headlights on...

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have experienced a similar issue but instead of having the headlight switch set to "auto" I just had them on whenever I started the car. If you switch to the LED DRL's mode at night the screen lights up like a Christmas tree but obviously your headlights wont be on lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dimming it down 1 notch does NOT do the trick for my Google Map in Android Auto :(

Going to perform a firmware update and retry.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I saw a post on Reddit which may be the answer. It said lower the dashboard dimmer light control to something other than 100%. He said once he did that the Night Mode kicked in. I know my dimmer is all the way up now. Can't wait to try it when I get home.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This fix of turning the brightness down one notch fixed the problem for me, as well. This was one of my pet peeves since getting the car in January, and I tried many fixes... both on the car an on my Android phone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This fix of turning the brightness down one notch fixed the problem for me, as well. This was one of my pet peeves since getting the car in January, and I tried many fixes... both on the car an on my Android phone.
The only issue with this is that everything will be slightly dimmer all the time. Not sure that's worth it for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What iPhone do you have and is your iOS up to date? Carplay has been known to be buggy (based on the phone/iOS not the headunit) and the iOS updates have usually addressed common issues.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Perhaps someone who's blind as a bat :wink2:
I have near perfect vision and my interior lights are on 100% all the time. I guess I don't notice this issue because I have a dark wallpaper and I do not use navigation on the head unit.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have near perfect vision and my interior lights are on 100% all the time. I guess I don't notice this issue because I have a dark wallpaper and I do not use navigation on the head unit.
I have mine as low as they go. Not just for the infotainment system, but also for the dash lighting. Gives a more relaxed feeling whilst driving, you should try it out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts