5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2020 Impreza sport sedan and I wanted a cat back so I decided to (somewhat) make my own. If you go to Subaru parts, and search your car you can buy the rear section exhaust piece and take that to a muffler shop and take the resonator off for roughly $50. For mine the parts list is right here.
PARTS LIST•
44011FL00A- muffler gasket-$1.81
44200FL04A-rear exhaust pipe-$150.51
44022AA123-cat gasket-$16.63

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I have a 2020 Impreza sport sedan and I wanted a cat back so I decided to (somewhat) make my own. If you go to Subaru parts, and search your car you can buy the rear section exhaust piece and take that to a muffler shop and take the resonator off for roughly $50. For mine the parts list is right here.
PARTS LIST•
44011FL00A- muffler gasket-$1.81
44200FL04A-rear exhaust pipe-$150.51
44022AA123-cat gasket-$16.63
This is if you’re like a do-it-yourself kind of person and don’t want to void warranty, also the nameless axel back muffler delete sounds heavenly!

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is if you’re like a do-it-yourself kind of person and don’t want to void warranty, also the nameless axel back muffler delete sounds heavenly!
My concern with OEM is that it rusts so easily up north with all the salt. Would prefer to get some solid stainless steel for durability.

Nameless is good but could be a bit droning in at 3+ hour trip... Maybe Vibrant?

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
179 Posts
My concern with OEM is that it rusts so easily up north with all the salt. Would prefer to get some solid stainless steel for durability.

Nameless is good but could be a bit droning in at 3+ hour trip... Maybe Vibrant?
I've run 3+ hour trips with a Borla S-type. It isn't loud if you're just cruising.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've run 3+ hour trips with a Borla S-type. It isn't loud if you're just cruising.
I’ve gone on a 9 hour drive with the nameless muffler delete and it want that bad, yet again I love the sound of the exhaust so it doesn’t get annoying to me at all

·
Registered
2019 Impreza 5 dr. auto, limited
61 Posts
I've made my own muffler delete based off Nameless and LP Aventure (Link to write up here). It does have a bit of a drone at certain rpms, but it isn't absolutely terrible, but I will be installing some sound deadening at some point to drown it out. I've noticed that in the 5dr's, the rear hatch cover helps a bit with sound muffling.

Also been wondering what it would sound like if the muffler was replaced with a second resonator. Would it be similar to the muffler delete, but possibly with a reduction in the droning?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've made my own muffler delete based off Nameless and LP Aventure (Link to write up here). It does have a bit of a drone at certain rpms, but it isn't absolutely terrible, but I will be installing some sound deadening at some point to drown it out. I've noticed that in the 5dr's, the rear hatch cover helps a bit with sound muffling.

Also been wondering what it would sound like if the muffler was replaced with a second resonator. Would it be similar to the muffler delete, but possibly with a reduction in the droning?
So if you we’re to go with the nameless 5” instead of straight piped axel back from nameless then you’ll get a slightly deeper throaty and barely quieter tone

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport 5D CVT
11 Posts
I drove from Detroit MI to Pheonix AZ, which was roughly 30 hours of driving with the Nameless Quad Tip Axelback with dual 5" mufflers just fine. Its loud when you want it, drone is extremely manageable, and cruising sounds a decent tick louder than stock. I also just installed the midpipes (resonated) from Nameless so I have their full catback now. Cold starts are LOUD. Cruising sounds great (not too loud) and drone is the same. However, on the gas, pulling from 2500 to 5500 is insanely immaculate and downshifts will piss your neighbors off.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport 5D CVT
11 Posts
Here's the link to the Nameless Performance Quad tip axelback and midpipe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts