5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, pretty much any trim of the Impreza except for the Sport model has chrome and silver bits on it. I decided that I was going to change those bits out.

Black Winglit bits (l and r) SU1213104 SU1212104 For 2017 - 2019
Black Grille Surround SU1202105 For 2017 - 2019

Instead of spending $250 and up for the sport mesh grille, I decided to buy these bits at a much lower total cost. The only difficult part was removing the existing chrome bits from the grille once you get the grille off the bumper. I did end up snapping one of the three clips on my driver's side chrome wiglet (which I knew was going to happen), but the black trimmed parts fit right in. Big reason why I bought new parts instead of trying to paint my existing.

Take a look at the before and afters!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you did remove the bumper? It looks awesome!
Also post price and where you bought the parts
Yeah, I had to take the bumper off. Not bad at all, considering it's the first time I've done something of this sort. It may be possible to do with the bumper still attached, but there are so many clips holding the trim pieces in it would be much more of a hassle.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza 5 dr. auto, limited
35 Posts
When I wrapped the winglets on mine, I removed the top radiator cover. It was a bit of a pain, but I didn't have to take the whole front end off.

You didn't happen to take any pictures of the backside of the grille where the winglet tabs are, did you?

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I wrapped the winglets on mine, I removed the top radiator cover. It was a bit of a pain, but I didn't have to take the whole front end off.

You didn't happen to take any pictures of the backside of the grille where the winglet tabs are, did you?
Unfortunately I didn't. My fingers were so sore from all those clips I completely forgot!

·
Registered
2019 Impreza 5 dr. auto, limited
35 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't. My fingers were so sore from all those clips I completely forgot!
I hear ya there. Just haven't found a good picture of the back of them and it was a bit too close for a good picture if you only take off the radiator cover when I wrapped mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
been trying to figure out how im going to do this.. plasti dip.. vinyl wrap.. and now I see this! might go this route, looks great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Saw this post, ordered from RockAuto. Came in quickly and it looks amazing. I had to drop the bumper which is actually pretty easy on the Impreza. Can't wait for the carbon fibre and black Subaru emblems to come in tomorrow to almost complete my total blacked-out look, just dreading the final painting of the inside of the headlights...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Saw this post, ordered from RockAuto. Came in quickly and it looks amazing. I had to drop the bumper which is actually pretty easy on the Impreza. Can't wait for the carbon fibre and black Subaru emblems to come in tomorrow to almost complete my total blacked-out look, just dreading the final painting of the inside of the headlights...
I ordered from RockAuto aswell. Did you order the regular inventory? Cheapest ones. I did. Hope they look okay

·
Registered
70 Posts
Where did you get the emblems from?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts