5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I noticed when touching the vertical trim on the door frame on driver and front passenger, that it is comes off a bit. If you press it, it feels like it's supposed to stick but it didn't stick good enough. I'm talking about top outer corner of the driver and front pass door, that black vertical piece, at the top of that if you press lightly, it isn't sticking properly.

Has anyone had this issue, or other quality control issues?

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
I think those are the B-Pillar exterior covers that are probably stuck on with some sort of adhesive. Can you visually see it sticking out, or hear it rattling or anything?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think those are the B-Pillar exterior covers that are probably stuck on with some sort of adhesive. Can you visually see it sticking out, or hear it rattling or anything?
Thank, no it's not visual (doesn't look like its sticking out), I can somewhat see the adhesive looking in from the top, it isn't fully glued it seems. It doesn't rattle, just that if you press it then it goes in a little bit. Not a major problem now, I'm just wondering down the line if it would get worse...

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Impreza had a similar issue, I noticed it when closing the door when pushing on the B-Pillar and hearing a clicking noise, I could push on the pillar and notice that it wiggled a little bit but none of the other doors did. The B-Pillar wasn't applied correctly and the dealership was able to get a new one ordered a put on under warranty, no charge.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It my get worse as more water and what not gets in there and starts to deteriorate the adhesive.. but I would just keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I hope no one tries to do it themselves since installing it back on if you take the whole piece off can be hard. This is covered under warranty after all, best we do that and go from their. Just make sure you have a good dealer to go to

1 - 6 of 6 Posts