5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Looks great! I did the same on my 2020 Crosstrek. I pretty much swapped out everything that that was chrome and bought parts from a base model since most of the trim is black. I still need the head unit knobs and the climate control knobs.

Now these will be tough to delete, still trying to figure out how I鈥檓 gonna tackle this

What part of the dashboard do you still need to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2019 hatchback sport 5 speed manual
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great! I did the same on my 2020 Crosstrek. I pretty much swapped out everything that that was chrome and bought parts from a base model since most of the trim is black. I still need the head unit knobs and the climate control knobs.

Now these will be tough to delete, still trying to figure out how I鈥檓 gonna tackle this

What part of the dashboard do you still need to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So the push button chrome trim, the trim around the dash board, and then the gages. I鈥檓 trying to figure out as well how to get into the dash, it doesn鈥檛 seem like fun :(

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the push button chrome trim, the trim around the dash board, and then the gages. I鈥檓 trying to figure out as well how to get into the dash, it doesn鈥檛 seem like fun :(
The funny thing is that I was going to buy replacements but then I could a vinyl wrap that was the exact same as the oem trim pieces for the sport model, I got it for $10 so I didn鈥檛 have high hopes for it, but I got my head gun and it worked so well for the steering wheel that I did everything else until I ran out, it鈥檚 not hard to work with and I got so good by the end of it that I would take apart the vents, wrap it, and cut it in 10 min

Registered
I can be of some help, so the push button chrome ring you can buy a trim for it that fits perfect in a variety of colors. I have it on my Crosstrek. You can buy it on AliExpress.com

The silver/chrome trim around the cluster you can take off and wrap it. You just have to remove the whole cluster bezel to get to the back of the clips to remove the silver/chrome piece.

It's super easy, you can follow this video on how to remove the cluster bezel.

Registered
The funny thing is that I was going to buy replacements but then I could a vinyl wrap that was the exact same as the oem trim pieces for the sport model, I got it for $10 so I didn鈥檛 have high hopes for it, but I got my head gun and it worked so well for the steering wheel that I did everything else until I ran out, it鈥檚 not hard to work with and I got so good by the end of it that I would take apart the vents, wrap it, and cut it in 10 min

Wow that is impressive, at first I thought you just bought the covers that go over the steering wheel trim, like these that I have installed. Good work! Do you plan to wrap the door handles or just swap them out for base model door handles?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow that is impressive, at first I thought you just bought the covers that go over the steering wheel trim, like these that I have installed. Good work! Do you plan to wrap the door handles or just swap them out for base model door handles?

View attachment 25342
If I can find a way to do them, I really want to have a full carbon steering wheel but oem style, and replace all the fake carbon with real carbon one day, thanks for the feedback. And I figured out the push button, pretty easy too

Registered
You cant get into that part of the dash. There is specific tape/glue that if broken, then it can result in i think a felony, but it is a crime. They do this to prevent rolling back the mileage.

Registered
2019 Impreza 5 dr. Island Blue Pearl Limited
You cant get into that part of the dash. There is specific tape/glue that if broken, then it can result in i think a felony, but it is a crime. They do this to prevent rolling back the mileage.
But it's a digital odometer? I could see rolling back the mileage being a possible issue if it was analog.

Reactions: seanzzila
1 - 10 of 10 Posts