5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have successfully tested connecting a hardwiring kit for a dashcam, and it worked nicely. But I am holding off on it because I am looking for a perfect method of mounting, given the apparent lack of locations suitable for stickers.

I have a circuit -picture attached- that can be 3M-mounted and also has two holes for another way of mounting (I’m trying to believe they’re not for screws).

My questions are:
• What are good locations for mounting such a circuit? (I have 4 circuits for four devices).
• What other ways of mounting a circuit other than using stickers or screws?

I am looking for a clip or something of the like.
I am okay with bolting into a screw that’s already in the car body, but I don’t want to screw any surface. I’m also okay with 3M mounting if there are good locations for it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Zip ties are always an option, and can be used in a lot of different attachment methods depending on what you find to mount to. Awkward shaped piece of underpass metal that doesn't let the box sit flat for a sticker? Zip tie to the rescue!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zip ties are always an option, and can be used in a lot of different attachment methods depending on what you find to mount to. Awkward shaped piece of underpass metal that doesn't let the box sit flat for a sticker? Zip tie to the rescue!
hat's what I did.

·
Registered
2017 Red Impreza Sport
139 Posts
if interior, under the dash is a good spot. there's some room underneath the info screen at the top and a bunch of room under the steering column/above behind it on the left. You can also pop the edges of the carpet out and run wires through the channels preinstalled in the car.
If exterior, you can run wires along the frame with zip ties and under the side trim next to the fenders. You can also run wires along the underside of the front frame plastic parts. There's a lot of places you can hide a wire if you have a plastic screw popping tool (I'm sure there's a proper name for this)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
if interior, under the dash is a good spot. there's some room underneath the info screen at the top and a bunch of room under the steering column/above behind it on the left. You can also pop the edges of the carpet out and run wires through the channels preinstalled in the car.
If exterior, you can run wires along the frame with zip ties and under the side trim next to the fenders. You can also run wires along the underside of the front frame plastic parts. There's a lot of places you can hide a wire if you have a plastic screw popping tool (I'm sure there's a proper name for this)
Rich & satisfying info; thank you 👍🏼
By the way, I was also wondering what they call it; the packaging says “Auto Trim Removal Tool”

1 - 5 of 5 Posts