5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2018 Subaru Impreza. After the recent time change for DST the car's clock did not update. I checked the setting and they are set to automatic update from synced phone. I looked everywhere for a DST setting but could not find one. It appear the car is not applying the 1 hour offset. I switched the clock set mode to manual and adjusted the time to ensure the minutes on the car clock were different from the minutes on the phone. I then switch the clock set mode back to auto the the minutes synced with the current setting on the phone but the hour is still off by 1. It appears the car clock sync is not reading the DST mode setting for the phone. I don't want to use manual mode. Has any solution been found for this problem?

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you don't have nav and are using an iPhone, try going into the BT settings, look for the Crosstrek "device" and hit the "i", then set notifications on. We have nav but this worked on mom-in-law's Crosstrek without nav.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Couldn’t get ours to work right ether. Just did it manually through the dic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry you are having trouble, but this is a good example of today's digital world where a complex device is used to perform a simple task. It's precisely why I bought the base model Imprezza without the doo-dads.

·
Registered
56 Posts
On my 18 sport the clock updated for DST but the date is one day behind. I had to change it in manual mode. Weird.

I switched it back to auto mode the other day to see what happens and it changed the date again to be one day behind. I'll keep it in manual mode until I figure out what is causing that to happen.

·
Registered
151 Posts
On my 18 sport the clock updated for DST but the date is one day behind. I had to change it in manual mode. Weird.

I switched it back to auto mode the other day to see what happens and it changed the date again to be one day behind. I'll keep it in manual mode until I figure out what is causing that to happen.
Are you using an iPhone to sync the time? Try the notification setting. When I was trying to get it to work, in December when we got the car, it was way off, like it was in a totally different time zone, not just an hour.

Btw, I have an Android and there doesn't seem to be an equivalent setting.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,187 Posts
I had mine on manual so I set it to automatic, it didn't reset immediately so I just shut her down for the night.

The next morning she had set herself to the correct time. :)

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
210 Posts
If you don't have nav and are using an iPhone, try going into the BT settings, look for the Crosstrek "device" and hit the "i", then set notifications on. We have nav but this worked on mom-in-law's Crosstrek without nav.
I can vouch that this works! My 'automatic' time updating was a joke ever since I bought my Impreza in October, making the clock about 5-6 hours off. I tried the notifications-on thing as mentioned here this morning, and it worked perfect! Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can vouch that this works! My 'automatic' time updating was a joke ever since I bought my Impreza in October, making the clock about 5-6 hours off. I tried the notifications-on thing as mentioned here this morning, and it worked perfect! Thanks!

I will give it a shot too, been driving me a bit bonkers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had that problem since the Impreza 2018 (no nav) was delivered and ended up setting the clock to manual, but after reading AstroKats´tip it finally worked - thanks a lot!

I have an iPhone.......

·
Registered
175 Posts

This was exactly my situation and after I did the fix @AstroKats suggested it worked! Thanks Astro!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine didn't update as well. Normally it would do it on its own but not this time. I had to set it on manual and then switched it back to automatic and problem solved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 Subaru Impreza Sport with this same daylight savings time/automatic clock/time issue. What exactly do you mean using the “notifications-on thing”? Notifications for what_? I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
210 Posts
I have a 2018 Subaru Impreza Sport with this same daylight savings time/automatic clock/time issue. What exactly do you mean using the “notifications-on thing”? Notifications for what_? I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max

This:

2nd post in the thread. Worked for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts