5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

Clock set to "auto"; did not update to Standard Time

48K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  grf21a 
#1 ·
When I first got my 2017 Impreza, I used "Settings" in the head unit to tell the unit to automatically get its time from my phone, and it did.

This morning, my phone adjusted itself from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time. However, despite two starts today with the phone connected via Bluetooth, with one drive lasting over 20 minutes (& also connected via USB/Android Auto), the displayed time in the "Info bar" did not reset from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time.

Note that the Subaru firmware update intervened between the above two events.

I can of course set the time to "Manual" update, then update the time, and then reset the setting to "Auto" update. However, I'm wondering if anyone else saw this.

#33 ·
Frustrated

I have the 2017 Impreza L with StarLink system (without navigation) and also found that my clock was not sync'ing with my iPhone 10 either by Bluetooth or USB CarPlay connected. I tried changing the time to manual and back to auto but it still did not sync. Tried updating the IOS on my phone to the latest version but still no joy.

My wife has a Samsung phone and I decided to connect it to my to my car to see if it had the same issue. After 60 seconds of being connected via Bluetooth it automatically corrected the time.

I then set the clock to manual and changed the clock to an incorrect time. Disconnected my wifes phone and reconnected my iPhone via Bluetooth. I then changed the time back to auto yet the system did not fix the time. I then reconnected the Samsung phone and again the time sync'd correctly.

Seems the Starlink system does not like iPhones for time sync'ing and only likes Android devices.

Hopefully someone fixes this soon as it is really annoying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.