5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I mentioned in a different thread that I was taking my Impreza Sport 5dr to the dealer because of a glitch I had with my infotainment system about a week ago. The car went in today and here is the result:

I got a call from the service department and I need a new control module. They ordered the part and it will be here sometime next week. Both recalls were handled prior to me purchasing the vehicle. When I brought it in last Saturday they said there are still some lingering issues with the infotainment system. The message I had on my system read “telematics service in progress”. Eventually it went away after I shut the car down between 10-20 minutes.

On Wednesday while on a long drive after I turned the car on the infotainment system had to be manually turned on. Not a huge deal, but it’s always been on as noted by others in this forum. Then while on my drive it turned off and turned right back on.

I had a loaner for the day (Impreza Base in Island Blue) I’ll have a loaner again for the control module install and software update. This could take a day or two.

I’ll be sure to get more information about this when I talk to the service department in person. I’m not very familiar with this so it’s all new to me.

Side Note: I received my satisfaction survey this past week, along with a reminder last night to complete it. I won’t be completing the survey until this is fixed. I’ll also be contacting SOA to explain what is happening. Throw in some accessories maybe? :wink2:

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

I spoke with my service agent this morning while picking up the car. He expects another recall due to lingering issues with the infotainment system. The first recall may have fixed most, but not all. The dealership has already had to replace one or two for other customers.

My control module is being replaced sometime this week after they receive the part. A few hours for install then more hours for the actual software upload.

I asked if Subaru was aware of all of this and he said yes. I'm calling them today to express my displeasure and disappointment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts