5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, only thing good about still having to work because dealerships don't care about employee's or the general well being of people is that my 35 mile commute is a lot shorter time wise and my mpg's increased by 4-5 mpg's on top of being able to do 70-80 the whole time home. Anyone else stuck working getting far better mpg's?

pic hosting

·
Registered
431 Posts
That’s what happens when you’re not in stop and go traffic.

We averaged 35.4 gallons on our 200 mile trip last weekend.

And be happy you’re still working, just wash your hands

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
My last day was tuesday and not only was my mileage up 3 MPG, my average speed went from 20 to 75 MPH. I could've done 90.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s what happens when you’re not in stop and go traffic.

We averaged 35.4 gallons on our 200 mile trip last weekend.

And be happy you’re still working, just wash your hands

:)

My best was 38 or 39 on the way up to Albany to visit family cruise set to 60-65 the whole way. lol

I work at a large dealership, not happy at all. They updated no one, claimed on the website the whole place is being cleaned every night which it wasn't. Finally our governor shut down dealerships but the parts department is claiming they will stay open even thought now techs or writers will be here. I'm taking the two weeks unpaid. Not worth the risk.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s not going to go away or slow down in two weeks.. it’s going to be months

Months, year, doesn't matter to me. I'll be fine. It's the people with zero savings that will have a problem.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've been hitting 41/40mpg both ways on a 30 mile commute multiple times. Combination of fuel additive and technique.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I tend to get around 34 mpg at 70 mph in free flowing traffic.

if you ever want to see your mileage skyrocket drive this car on a smaller 50 mph road. We have lots of smaller rural roads with speed limits of 50-55 mph in our region, and when I drive them my fuel economy is fantastic, even in crappy winter weather and with winter blend fuel.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Keep in mind government highway fuel economy ratings are done at 60 mph highway driving, at 70 mph driving I am getting 34 mpgs (US), and at 50 mph driving I am getting 41 mpgs. I almost never drive 60 mph so I assume I might be right at the rated fuel economy numbers. Noting that this is in cold winter temps and with winter blend fuel in our region right now, just past engine break-in on my 2020 CVT Sport tech (big oem wheels lol). I assume numbers can go up a tad in optimal conditions.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did my typical 4 hour highway drive today for work that I do once per week. On the trip home I got 5.7 L/100 kms , which is the best by far since I started using my Impreza on these trips, running 70 mph the entire way. Temps were much warmer today at 15 degress Celsius, last time it was -5 degrees and I was getting 6.8 L / 100 kms. Nice improvement. 5.7 L/100 kms is 41 mpg US, at 6.8 L/100 kms it was running 34 mpg US. One other great point was that it only cost me 20 bucks to fill up 3/4 of the tank, cheapest ever, especially for Canadian fuel costs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts