5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

Just got my 2017 Impreza Limited on Friday and wondering what the correct tire pressure is supposed to be set at for the best MPG.

Thanks for any responses!
Larry

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I always set my tires to 35 psi. If you check inside the door there will also be a label (along with reading your owners manual) stating tire pressures that are "recommended" by the manufacturer.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome to the Impreza forum. The door label for tires suggests 33 psi front and 32 psi rear.
I increase mine to 35/34. Helps tire wear and doesn't make the ride too stiff.

Clifton

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
@flash75...I, too, like to run mine a bit higher for the same reasons you stated above.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I always set my tires to 35 psi. If you check inside the door there will also be a label (along with reading your owners manual) stating tire pressures that are "recommended" by the manufacturer.
35 seems to be the best. My sales person who races a Subaru advised to set at 35 cold. I know a lot of the new cars were delivered at 38-42 but I think that was so they would get better gas mileage.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have set my to 37 all around, but probably don't want to go any higher. The car may seem a bit "bouncy" or not handle
well above that. When I got the car, the dealer put them at 42 - way too high - and yes I was told by the sales
person that the mechanics do that to get the best gas mileage. Didn't like that they did that without asking
or telling, really affected the handling to the negative.

This is with the 17" Firestone FT140 tires on the Limited, which I think are fairly decent surprisingly.

And when I take the car in for service, as the other day, they set them back to 33 all around (different dealership). I think officially on the door it is 33F/32R. But may be that 35-ish is better. Really 2-3 pounds is not going to make a difference either way unless it is very hot or cold. Just my imagination that 37 is better.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome to the Impreza forum. The door label for tires suggests 33 psi front and 32 psi rear.
I increase mine to 35/34. Helps tire wear and doesn't make the ride too stiff.

Clifton
I've done the same, 35/34 seems to be best overall. Any higher and the cornering limits suffered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts