5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to start my first subie was a 2004 legacy gt woth 60k on it. Loved it. After putting nearly 100k on it I decided it was time to get something new have a good job I deserve it. I find out my girlfriend is pregnant (so a wrx may be a little too pricey.) I test drove everything subaru had. What worked for my budget was the impreza sport, enough room, looks amazing, just an all around good decision. So I went and bought one a (cvt) because they couldn't find me a 5speed. Drove it to work to show it off and stopped at my mother's. I was so proud to have a new car finally. I was driving to my in laws and 4 miles from their house (I don't remember most of it) we got into an accident where we side swiped a car and hit a tree head on at 40mph. Long story short we are all okay and my girlfriend 7 months pregnant at the time are okay the people in the other car are okay. I cannot stress enough how safe these cars are, and subaru starlink is an amazing system. The car is a total loss, I'm glad that I bought a subaru they saved all of our lives.

Attachments

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Wow, I'm glad to hear that everyone was OK. This is the exact reason why I chose a Subaru.

·
Registered
149 Posts
WOW ! man. glad you're all OK. did you're GF go to the hospital ? she and the baby should be checked. I Assume she was wearing a seat belt and it could have pressed on her belly. just a precaution.

I can't believe the car was totaled. did you have full coverage?

·
Registered
357 Posts
One of the main reasons why I too chose the Subaru. Great crash test results!!! And here is live proof. Good to know you and your family are okay.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, glad everyone is OK! As much as I love the 'character' of older cars the new ones do so much better(for the occupants) in crashes. We have more vehicles getting totaled, but less people getting seriously injured.

I know it's apples-to-oranges, but if you haven't seen Scott Dixon's crash this year at the Indy 500 you should YouTube it. Amazing that he walked away!

·
Registered
730 Posts
So to start my first subie was a 2004 legacy gt woth 60k on it. Loved it. After putting nearly 100k on it I decided it was time to get something new have a good job I deserve it. I find out my girlfriend is pregnant (so a wrx may be a little too pricey.) I test drove everything subaru had. What worked for my budget was the impreza sport, enough room, looks amazing, just an all around good decision. So I went and bought one a (cvt) because they couldn't find me a 5speed. Drove it to work to show it off and stopped at my mother's. I was so proud to have a new car finally. I was driving to my in laws and 4 miles from their house (I don't remember most of it) we got into an accident where we side swiped a car and hit a tree head on at 40mph. Long story short we are all okay and my girlfriend 7 months pregnant at the time are okay the people in the other car are okay. I cannot stress enough how safe these cars are, and subaru starlink is an amazing system. The car is a total loss, I'm glad that I bought a subaru they saved all of our lives.
Holy s*** that's mangled. Glad to hear everyone is safe. Is the insurance replacing the car for you or what's the deal?

·
Administrator
785 Posts
That's black right? I haven't seen any black Impreza's on a dealers lot. Looks good.

·
Registered
730 Posts
They paid the car off in full. Including medical expenses I'll probably loose 500$ which isn't bad at all. I mean I had the car for 6 hours lol.

This is the new one. Took me a month to find it this one is a 5 speed.
Well I'm glad the insurance took care of you & your medical expenses & also glad you got another Impreza :smile2:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Dang man! So glad everyone is safe and unharmed. It looks like the SAFETY part of a new Subaru is not in question! The safety is the #1 reason we own 2 Subies currently and will purchase a 3rd when our daughter takes my CrossTrek.

The new car is sharp! I have not seen a black one anywhere. The only color we see around here is Lithium Red Pearl (which we too own), White and Island Blue Metallic.

Oh yeah, congrats on the child! Hope you and your G-Friend have a blast with your kid!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Glad you're safe.
In other news, I expect to see your Impreza Sport model parted out on Ebay any day now.
Someone contact Northtown Auto Parts in Toledo, OH, and let them know their totaled blue Impreza Limited has a Sport sibling to keep it company!!!
Great deals from northtownautoparts | eBay stores

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
How do people feel about a new section on here dedicated to those who have been in an accident or totaled their car? You could post pictures of the damage & if needed seek advice for any issues you encounter with your insurance company or third party involved. Other forums have these sections, so why not ours?

·
Registered
369 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I "shared the love" with a concrete column in my office parking deck on the 2ND DAY of owning my new Impreza.
I backed my shiny Venetian Red Pearl Premium baby right into the dang thing.
I think the car had 12 miles on the odometer. The factory marks on the tire are yelling out, "I'M STILL SO NEW, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!?!"
I was literally crying in my vehicle wondering where I went wrong in life to deserve this!
Before this car, I was driving a 15-year old chevy impala boat that I never got a scratch on.
Somehow, with all the backup camera/blind spot metering/slimmer body style, I still managed to eff the Impreza up. Go figure.

3 panels damaged. $1,500 bill.

Accidents happen and as a coworker told me shortly after my mishap, "It's just pride and sheet metal".

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
How do people feel about a new section on here dedicated to those who have been in an accident or totaled their car? You could post pictures of the damage & if needed seek advice for any issues you encounter with your insurance company or third party involved. Other forums have these sections, so why not ours?
Yes!
See my accident one post up. :|

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys are the best! My girlfriend is 34 weeks today, little lilianna will hear all about how she is still here. Glad to be apart of this forum finally. And to the ones who haven't seen a black impreza, I guess I bought the last black 5spd 5 door sport in new England lol.

·
Registered
778 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I "shared the love" with a concrete column in my office parking deck on the 2ND DAY of owning my new Impreza.
I backed my shiny Venetian Red Pearl Premium baby right into the dang thing.
I think the car had 12 miles on the odometer. The factory marks on the tire are yelling out, "I'M STILL SO NEW, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!?!"
I was literally crying in my vehicle wondering where I went wrong in life to deserve this!
Before this car, I was driving a 15-year old chevy impala boat that I never got a scratch on.
Somehow, with all the backup camera/blind spot metering/slimmer body style, I still managed to eff the Impreza up. Go figure.

3 panels damaged. $1,500 bill.

Accidents happen and as a coworker told me shortly after my mishap, "It's just pride and sheet metal".
Dang, that sucks for sure! Accidents happen, no matter how much "technology" a car has.

But according to some people on this forum there is no possible way you can do that with a backup camera and parking sensors/blind spot monitoring on these cars...they know who they are...:wink2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts