5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This has occurred twice now in a week. While driving or stopped in traffic the cruise control on the instrument panel will blink nonstop. It won't even allow me to use the cruise control. The image below is a screenshot of a video I made. Has this happened to anyone or any solution?

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems to be happening more frequently now especially when I use the paddle shifters. Anyone got any insight?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happens to my Impreza 3 times before reaching 2K miles within 2 month of purchase... I have brought it to the dealer twice and it is currently sitting in the dealership but they seem not to know to fix it exactly. There are some other Impreza owners (based on what I found in Facebook and Youtube) have the same issue but none of their dealership knows the solution so far...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This happens to my Impreza 3 times before reaching 2K miles within 2 month of purchase... I have brought it to the dealer twice and it is currently sitting in the dealership but they seem not to know to fix it exactly. There are some other Impreza owners (based on what I found in Facebook and Youtube) have the same issue but none of their dealership knows the solution so far...
Certain things about this car I love but these small little things are driving me insane. This vehicle shouldn't have been released for sale until all proper testing was done. Didn't expect so many issues from a Subaru :-(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Certain things about this car I love but these small little things are driving me insane. This vehicle shouldn't have been released for sale until all proper testing was done. Didn't expect so many issues from a Subaru :-(
From my past experience, the cruise control light goes on when there is something else going wrong in the car. It's to keep you from using CC before the problem is fixed. I don't know if that is true here, but the last time it happened was with my old subaru (2005 impreza)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been having this issue as well. I had the dealership look into it when I went for the Headunit Reflash (a few weeks ago) and they had no clue. They asked that I went back when it happened again; I haven't, no time.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From my past experience, the cruise control light goes on when there is something else going wrong in the car. It's to keep you from using CC before the problem is fixed. I don't know if that is true here, but the last time it happened was with my old subaru (2005 impreza)
That would sound right but what the heck could the problem be. This car is so bi-polar its ridiculous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cruise control Flashing Flashing Flashing

I been having the same issue since I got the car only 1 month old, dealer doesn't know what to do, my friend that works there told me to bring the car 3 times to get it fixed if unable to, the claim the Lemon Law, if i'm able to I'll probably get the WRX, they are supposed to get a Subaru Certefied Tech from headquaters, lets see what happens and will update. This sucks though

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of first year version vehicle ownership. All the testing in the world can't stop some of the little oddball stuff from slipping through. At some point they have to say " OK we have found all we can. Ship them out". So far almost every single "issue" with these has been simple programing updates and even then there are very few of those. The car itself has shown almost nothing. Head over to a BRZ/FRS forum and read what the first adapters of the car had to deal with until they got the bugs worked out and you will think these cars are 100% fine. Until I start reading about engines blown due to oil starvation, failed coil packs, fuel pumps that sound like cricket banshees, cars just shutting down at intersections, etc, etc I will have no complaints. They will find fixes for all the little things we are seeing here and being an early buyer we have to live with the fact that things will pop up.

Yes the CC will shut off when there are some codes thrown but it is usually accompanied by a CEL. Anything serious enough the lock out the CC will throw a code that the dealer (or owner if they have a code reader) can check.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have this problem too! I also had the battery? with the dead cell problem though and it was actually flashing when I took the car in to the dealership so at least they were able to see what I was talking about. However they couldn't find a cause for the cruise control flashing and thought maybe the battery problem caused it. It was good for about 2 weeks after the battery was replaced, but now it has started happening again. I love my car other than this one quirky issue. I am afraid to try to use the cruise control though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I am in Canada. I have had this same issue second day that I got my NEW leased car .
The issue will occur after 20-30 minutes driving, the cruise control completed disabled. The light just kept flashing. I will go to dealership Saturday next week. But so far, from what I searched online, no one gets this fixed yet.....

Here is the a YouTube video
. Other people are having the same issue.

If this can't be fixed, in US, I think you guys can use the Lemon Law but we don't have it in Canada. This is really annoying if it can't be fixed. So you bought a car with cruise control function that can't be used? This is a manufacturer defect
I returned my Mazda 3 and thought I got a better car with Subaru but I am Extremely disappointed! At least my Mazda 3 never gave me any issue for the past 4 years.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brought vehicle in for the ECM recall & they didn't have any idea what was causing this to happen but I made a video so others can see.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've started turning on the cruise control when I start the vehicle in order to stop this from happening. Really irritating.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sorry to see this is happening, if some owners haven't done so already, try checking with another dealer. Not always will all dealers give you the same service or trouble-shooting you'd expect. Subi dealers don't have that great of a reputation.

·
Registered
68 Posts
To those of you who have this issue also have Eyesight? I ask since there is an interconnection between it and the cruise control.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went to dealership already and was told this is a known issue with 2017 Impreza and Subaru is working on it. I actually wrote to Subaru Canada to ask about this and they told me the engineer in Japan has been working on this for 3-4 weeks and a service bulletin will be available soon. That was more than 2 weeks ago and I have not received update from the dealership yet.

Agreed with 1stsubie, this is so irritating and I use a post it note to cover the dash so I won't see it flashing.

Please keep us posted if anyone has any update on this.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts