5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a 2020 subaru impreza hatchback and i just swapped out the stereo and i bought the crux wiring harness from crutchfield. i got everything to work except for my steering wheel controls, i have set the dip switches, called tech support and even tried learning them in manually with the stereo and the only one i can get to work is the skip forward button, nothing else. Shade anyone out there had these issues?

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,175 Posts
From what I have read on several dif. Subaru forums steering wheel controls are the toughest things to get working properly with after market head units. That is why many people keep the stock head units and upgrade the speakers.

Good luck to you mikey.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Which Crux wiring harness did you buy? I looked at Crutchfield's selection and could not find a Crux steering wheel control adapter that says it works with the 2020 Impreza. When I search for steering wheel control adapters for the Impreza, only the Axxess ASWC-1 comes up.

According to Axxess' site, it works with the 2017 but has not been tested with the 2020. Here is an old thread from this forum where someone tried to get the Axxess working in their 2017, and it seems like they got it mostly working. The firmware may have been updated since then, so everything might work now. I am not positive if the head unit wiring between the 2017 and 2018 - 2020 Imprezas is different, but I would venture to say that it is the same.

That thread also references the Connects2 CTSSU006.3 which comes from the UK. I found it on eBay, so that is also an option. It is more expensive than the Axxess, but says it works with the 2017 and onwards Impreza. You will also need the harness to connect the CTSSU006.3 to the brand of head unit you have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it's not too late, I got in contact with Crutchfield and they said this. This fixed my steering wheel issue. This is with a Kenwood Head Unit on a 2017 hatch

"
Once you do I would like you to try certain dip switch settings.

Dip 1 OFF
Dip 2 ON
Dip 3 ON
Dip 4 On
Dip 5 Off
Dip 6 On
Dip 7 Off
Dip 8 On"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts