5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Impreza LTD 5Dr Magnetite Gray Metalic.
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just got the windows on my 2019 Limited Hatch tinted with the 5% ceramic. I know that you can’t open your windows for a few days. But my question is, can you use your rear window defroster to hasten the drying and curing of the back window? Don’t want to possibly ruin n excellent installation.

·
Administrator
772 Posts
I was advised by my installer to not use the rear defroster while the tint cured.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I appreciate the reply. I was going to err on the safe side until I got an answer. Now I know.

·
Administrator
772 Posts
No problem. Post some pics when you can. 5% tint probably looks nice!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the pics that I took after the tinting.

IMG_2453.JPG
IMG_2455.JPG
IMG_2457.JPG

·
Administrator
772 Posts
Looks great! Was the pinstripe included or added after?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was actually one of those profit builders that you see on an added side sticker. They wanted $179. Got that plus door edge and wheel well moldings included at no cost.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well as a retired LEO and being from NJ, A) It is totally illegal for any tint on the front windows. B) I really don’t want to make my brother officers pull me over for that dark a tint. But that being said, I am going to do 70% ceramic on them. At least reduce UV and heat. Knowing my fellow LEOs they won’t bother with something that light.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ah, yeah NJ and NY are some of the most strict with tint. Other than the nose picking I love having the sun protection. 70% should do the trick for that and with the 5% on the back it'll probably look a little darker than that.
I'm from WA state and nobody seems to care about dark tint. The only downer is taking turns at night in the rain. I usually need to roll the window down a bit to see safely, but for me it's been worth the trade off. 15% all around

·
Registered
2018 Impreza Premium
56 Posts
What's everyone using to clean their tinted windows? I know anything with ammonia is a no no. Brand suggestions?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts