5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Premium: Motegi ME140|Nokian WRG4
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today is the day I cut up my air box...

I modified the back of my intake box to keep the MAF port intact.
Used all spectre performance intake pieces of 3".

Put a rubber coupling from the MAF to a swivel bracket that went into the preexisting holes from the air box to another rubber coupling to the 60° elbow to a standard cone filter.

I'm very pleased with the bit of effort that it took!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
About how long do you think it took you overall to install? And are you planning on making a box to cover it or are you just gonna leave it as is in those pictures?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About how long do you think it took you overall to install? And are you planning on making a box to cover it or are you just gonna leave it as is in those pictures?
I put the small air duct back into help guide air to the filter a bit more efficiently but that's it!
For install tom I'd say an hour, including takeout the air box cutting it to appropriate length and tightening those pesky bolts.
I did take one of the bushings from the air box and put it in line with the bolt for the anchor back to the frame.
If you don't have the tools to cut you air box, spectre makes a MAF adapter which is about the same size(length).

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is pretty cool and looks like a solid DIY job. But just curious what else do you get out this? Intake sounds? Hope you could share a clip of intake sounds, haven't seen anyone done so.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is pretty cool and looks like a solid DIY job. But just curious what else do you get out this? Intake sounds? Hope you could share a clip of intake sounds, haven't seen anyone done so.
Here it is at idle
The sweet spot is just over 3k at the shift point

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
179 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts