5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Sport Hatch CVT Ocean Blue Pearl
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've seen plenty of threads on tuning, Mike from Rallisport, etc. but a lot of the discussion focuses on the 5MT and fixing rev hang on the shifts there. Don't think the rev hang is the same issue as just the natural CVT lethargic nature.

Anyone here done the tune on the CVT model that can provide feedback? Primarily, the way the CVT just lags in providing any feeling of movement off the line. I know part of it is implicit in how the CVT functions, but have any of you gotten a tune and been able to wake up those lower RPM bands?

I know CVT gonna CVT so there's probably a limit to expectations here, but any feedback from any CVT owners that have done would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2.0i 5D 5MT Silver
50 Posts
I woke up power in the lower RPM by doing new fueling tables. I'll probably tweak ignition tables too. That's transmission independent. Also fixed the car's reluctance to go open loop.

So yes it can be done. Don't know about other CVT induced lag though as I've never driven one.

·
Registered
20 Impreza Sport 5 door
19 Posts
I use a gas pedal mod called a Sprint Booster. It took care of almost all of it. The car still acts a little strange when driving at 25-35mph lightly touching the gas to maintain your speed.

·
Registered
'21 Sport Hatch CVT Ocean Blue Pearl
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use a gas pedal mod called a Sprint Booster. It took care of almost all of it. The car still acts a little strange when driving at 25-35mph lightly touching the gas to maintain your speed.
Interesting, may consider that one. The plug & unplug would make things easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im also looking for a tune, mike at rallisport hasnt gotten back to me. Not sure either on the gains from his tune either but he does offer it for the CVT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts