5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ve had my brand new 2018 Impreza less than 10 days and I’m getting depressed reading this thread. I would expect a trouble free transmission out until at least 200,000 miles. I’ve not received any letter yet but it feels like the dealer should have disclosed this before my purchase. I hope the 2018’s don’t have the issue and this is just to help with customer confidence!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anyone with the extended gold 10/100 wrote SOA and seend if they will reimburse part of your purchase of the warranty or at least send you something for a free oil change lol. Just curious bc i was thinking of writing a letter to see what they would do for me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just received the 10/100,000 extended CVT warranty on our 17 Forester.
We have already had the 'bad battery' and 'alignment' (dealer found during their safety inspection) problems with this vehicle. Today was an AC failure and required a condenser replacement.
Got the same letter for our 17 Forester and my 18 Impreza. Also just had the AC compressor replaced on the Forester yesterday after the AC failed last week.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I’ve had my brand new 2018 Impreza less than 10 days and I’m getting depressed reading this thread. I would expect a trouble free transmission out until at least 200,000 miles. I’ve not received any letter yet but it feels like the dealer should have disclosed this before my purchase. I hope the 2018’s don’t have the issue and this is just to help with customer confidence!
The CVT in the 2018 is the same as the rest...don't let this thread get you down. You may, very well, get a letter down the road. Great car and a great tranny. Subaru makes one of the best CVT's on the market...now Nissan is another story:surprise:

Who says it won't make it to 200K miles???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Holy gearshift, Batman! I just had a colleague forward me a link to a Youtube vidyo from Scotty Kilmer. According to Mr. Kilmer, Nissan CVT transmissions are made by JATCO, who, according to Mr. Kilmer also make them for - drum roll, please - Subaru! Did some googling, and Wikipedia does say that JATCO made transmissions for Subaru. But the Subaru Wiki states that Subaru designs and manufactures its own CVT transmission. So if you hear about this video. Mr. Kilmer is sadly mistaken - at least about the lineage of Subaru CVT's!

I do feel a little better now, and should you!
Tim

The Scotty video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZ5-ifYQho&feature=push-prem&attr_tag=0k9EMd899o7B5N8I:6
The JATCO Wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jatco
Subaru's list of transmissions -h ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Subaru_transmissions

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to disrupt this old thread. I just bought this 17 impreza a few months ago (this is my first car in my life!) and I just discovered this wonderful, fabulous discussion forum a few days ago.

As pointed out in some other threads, I believe I am also experiencing some CVT issue with this impreza. It shudders at low acceleration at ~30 mph, as reported by many other friends here. MY17 CVT shudders at low speed

The previous owner put 50k miles on this vehicle, and I have driven for only about 2k. My plan is to wait a couple more thousands of miles for the computer to "adapt" to my driving habits. And the serious question is, do I also enjoy this extended warranty on CVT? I certainly did not get this email about 10/100k warranty extension email, and could not find any such notice/info on Subaru's official site.

If ever the CVT problem gets worse at for example 85k, I hope it is still covered.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If ever the CVT problem gets worse at for example 85k, I hope it is still covered.
[/QUOTE]

It should be, it was supposedly offered to all owners in the US. I can't find anyone with a CVT issue and I live in Chicago where there are tons of Subarus, I know almost 30 Subaru owners personally

41 - 47 of 47 Posts