5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Impreza fam,

I recently purchased my first Subaru, a 2017 Impreza hatchback limited with 27k miles. Not too long after, I started noticing a rattle coming from the dashboard, above the instrument cluster, near where the windshield meets the dash. The rattle is somewhat infrequent and only really happens on bumpy streets. (poorly circled in red below) The rattle seems to go away when I press down anywhere on the red section.

I've read that it could be the mounting brackets between the tweeter grille [A] and dashboard, or the center windshield vent and the dashboard below. I've managed to remove all sections lined in green below and tried better sealing the gaps with electrical tape, but the rattle persists. I've even driven around without any of the green sections attached and the thing still rattles. Maybe I need to get under the main dash plate?

The local dealership hasn't been able to "replicate" the noise and hasn't been able to advise anything.

Has anyone found a solid dash disassembly guide? I'm certain there is just some play between the main dash and the section below (the red section above). Filling the gap with some foam tape or a shim of some kind might do it, but I can't get in there very easily. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue, (2017 impreza top model CVT) mostly when roads are rough and interior of the car is not fully warmed up , the central vent ratles, not secured on the right side(big gap), some ratles on the speaker grils too - there is service bulletin for that. I fixed most of it using add some rolled up 1/8" 1" inch wide neoprene between the windshield and the offending trim pieces, build quality is piss poor. Tomorrow I'll post some pictures too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts