5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 5dr Sport CVT for almost 6 weeks now. I'm about to pass the 1,000 mile mark any day now!

A rattle just developed in the dash area about 3 days ago that has steadily worsened. I can now hear it going over just about any bump in the road and pressing down on any part of the dash does not seem to help. I have an appointment scheduled with my local dealer tomorrow. Has anyone else had this issue yet?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've occasionally heard light rattles somewhere behind the steering wheel and/or dash area, too. If I'm on a rough road, I can hear it pretty consistently.

I also hear a clicking noises near the adjustable pulley for the seat belt.

Let us know how the dealer visit goes!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rattle

Have anyone fixed the rattle noise from dashboard behind the Odometer or driver side seat belt hinge?
I just got my limited wagon at last week with only 40+miles on it. The rattle issue starts at 300+ miles and its more noticeable after 400+ miles. I just made my dealer service appointment for this Saturday at Downtown Oakland Subaru.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have anyone fixed the rattle noise from dashboard behind the Odometer or driver side seat belt hinge?
I just got my limited wagon at last week with only 40+miles on it. The rattle issue starts at 300+ miles and its more noticeable after 400+ miles. I just made my dealer service appointment for this Saturday at Downtown Oakland Subaru.
I was going to have mine checked out when I went in for my first service (picked mine up from Albany Subaru!). I notice that if there's a sudden change in temperature, the sound is more noticeable?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was going to have mine checked out when I went in for my first service (picked mine up from Albany Subaru!). I notice that if there's a sudden change in temperature, the sound is more noticeable?
I m wondering about temperature before. Because it was hot in the day time at last week in the Bay Area.
BTW, have anyone here got it fixed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any updates on rattles and dealer fixes? On a particular bumpy bit on the freeway, I heard a new rattle inside the driver door.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I do not have any dash rattles or issues period
But take a look at the outside base of windshield drivers side 17digit vin#
Their is a plastic sill plate on either side that is got play (be carefull Looks like it should be bonded to the other plastic)
Just wondering if that is the rattle people are hearing

·
Registered
163 Posts
Anybody noticed a looseness in the glovebox drawer? Seems to be able 1/8" to 1/4"
of play when closed and that might be the sometimes rattle I hear. Not sure if this is
normal, I'd think should be tight as the door is rattling slightly on harsh bumps.

But don't think this is the dash rattle others are talking about. I know how all
those rattles drive people nuts! Especially on a new car. Aggghhhh!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took my impreza to Oakland dealership today and got a loaner car. I had complaints about rattling, Android Auto and backup camera issue. I had a test drive with one of their mechanic. We both heard something rolling inside the driver side door when brake it hard and I found the sun roof switch panel is loosening. Also, rear driver side door panel was rattling.However, that mechanic can't hear any dash rattling that we are talking about right here. At the end I let that mechanic take more test drives for a night.
Rattle, rattle and rattles... Arg!!!
I wish I can have my Subie back in days. To be honest, this is my 4th Subie in my family and we all love Subaru, but not the American make Subaru...

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
I took my impreza to Oakland dealership today and got a loaner car. I had complaints about rattling, Android Auto and backup camera issue. I had a test drive with one of their mechanic. We both heard something rolling inside the driver side door when brake it hard and I found the sun roof switch panel is loosening. Also, rear driver side door panel was rattling.However, that mechanic can't hear any dash rattling that we are talking about right here. At the end I let that mechanic take more test drives for a night.
Rattle, rattle and rattles... Arg!!!
I wish I can have my Subie back in days. To be honest, this is my 4th Subie in my family and we all love Subaru, but not the American make Subaru...
The previous model was much simpler than this meaning there is more electronics in the current car which leads to more issues such as the backup camera freezing & the previous gen was produced in Japan. The current model is assembled in the US. The engine & transmission comes from Japan. I honestly would prefer this car assembled in Japan where the workmanship is better. I don't care what anyone says, it's no wonder some "American" branded cars are not made in the US, such as the Jeep Renegade is made in Italy, the Ford Transit Connect is made in either Turkey, Romania or Spain or the Chevy Captiva in Mexico :smile2:

·
Registered
730 Posts
The previous model was much simpler than this meaning there is more electronics in the current car which leads to more issues such as the backup camera freezing & the previous gen was produced in Japan. The current model is assembled in the US. The engine & transmission comes from Japan. I honestly would prefer this car assembled in Japan where the workmanship is better. I don't care what anyone says, it's no wonder some "American" branded cars are not made in the US, such as the Jeep Renegade is made in Italy, the Ford Transit Connect is made in either Turkey, Romania or Spain or the Chevy Captiva in Mexico :smile2:
Obviously it all comes down to the $$$ & quicker production too

·
Registered
7 Posts
The service agent said, this is cheap made Subaru.?
My limited plus eyesight cost $27000. If these happen continuously going, I would trade in for a Lexus. Now, not just the car, it's about the services!!!???

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI. I found a permanent marker cap and electrical connector nut in side my bumper when I replacing my fog lights. The Subaru QC is pretty bad in America.

·
Registered
850 Posts
FYI. I found a permanent marker cap and electrical connector nut in side my bumper when I replacing my fog lights. The Subaru QC is pretty bad in America.
I know what you mean. The Japanese would have hid that marker cap better so you couldn't find it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm on my second 2017 Impreza 5dr Sport. They replaced my first one (r.i.p White Pearl) with the Ice Metallic Silver. The white one had so many defects including the paint job so they got me another car.

I can say that the White one had a ton of interior rattles and a major exterior one that sounded like it was somewhere in the front suspension, sounded almost like marbles bouncing around on plastic it is only noticeable at low speed under 20mph on really bumpy roads once going faster bumps felt solid.

My current vehicle has no interior noises as of yet with 3k on it but it does have the same exterior sound I heard on the first one under the same conditions. Makes it feel like something is loose in the suspension or maybe it's all the cheap plastic incl the active shudder grill rattling around, not sure.

I also feel a vibration on the highway between 75-85 mph which I don't go that fast often but still bugs me and the shop won't drive it that fast to feel it so it is what it is I guess.

To say the least I'm not impressed with the quality of this car and certainly not feeling the confidence in motion Subaru implies in their marketing. I expected better from hearing others that own Subaru rave about how great they are. Must just be another company following the others who are squeezing every penny out of the cost to produce their vehicles and sacrificing quality trying to fatten those pockets.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone successful at silencing rattles by DIY or dealership? I think the more rough roads I go over, the more I shake up the car's wiring and innards.

Rattle click tink thunk beep boop.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I keep listening for rattles, but so far when they pop up they have all been related to sunglasses and other things that I've stuck in the car. I did pre-emptively add a few stick on felt pads for the glove box door to press against. There seemed to be more gap there than necessary.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Check this out
Didn't have issues but decided to play
Sit in the passenger seat looking at the glove box
Touch glove box on the left side and see if it jiggles
I noticed the hole for the latch is to big
Compared to my friends 17 WRX which is much smaller
They put Velcro to take up slack
I pulled factory Velcro out put a much thicker piece of Velcro
Voila no play