5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
141 Posts
My car had crazy dash rattle, like a pebble bouncing around. I found that by adding some foam and tape to the outside trim piece that is in the bottom corner of the windshield fixed the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm mainly getting a rattle above the gauge cluster. When I push down on it the rattle stops. Going to take it in to the dealer to see what they say.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Something I’ve noticed is the rattle that I thought was coming from behind the dashboard was actually coming from the plastic trim piece in the hood by the hinges (where you would put ditch lights). It comes off and doesn’t snap into place well (especially after having my windshield replaced). It tends to vibrate over rough roads. I also realized the little plastic piece that extends out from the sun visor also rattled when I have the sun visors up against the roof and is parallel to the ground. Unfortunately there isn’t a lot of things I can think about to fix these rattles- but I haven’t seen anyone else comment on that being the potential problem and thought I’d chime in. I might try some foam tape for the hood trim piece by the hinges.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts