5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you look right under the stiches of lower portion you will notice some creasing from the lower dashboard area. Is this normal? I imagine it'll get worse in time, should I bring car to dealer? I would assume it's the heat but I always use a sunshade for windshield.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Impreza Limited 5-door, Dark Blue with Ivory Leather.
108 Posts
Looks like delamination to me. Haven't seen this in our Impreza. It has been my experience that there are pros and cons to using sunshades. The big pro is that it keeps out UV light. The big con is that interior temperatures can actually be higher than than without a sunshade. This is especially true if your windows are tinted. Several years ago, I owned a black car with tinted windows. When I used a sunshade the interior temperature would soar. I had all kinds of plastic trim issues. May not be your problem. I'm just sayin'...

Peace... Mack

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like delamination to me. Haven't seen this in our Impreza. It has been my experience that there are pros and cons to using sunshades. The big pro is that it keeps out UV light. The big con is that interior temperatures can actually be higher than than without a sunshade. This is especially true if your windows are tinted. Several years ago, I owned a black car with tinted windows. When I used a sunshade the interior temperature would soar. I had all kinds of plastic trim issues. May not be your problem. I'm just sayin'...

Peace... Mack
Thanks, I'll stop by dealer and report back here with what they say.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: SOA has decided to replace the entire dashboard at no cost even though the car is out of warranty for such a thing, 2017/21k miles. All in all they handled it very well.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
210 Posts
That's awesome! I wonder if the first model year of this car had some issues that others don't...dashboard warping, console covers, etc.

So far, my 2019 has none of those issues. Only the windshield weatherstripping that is warped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts