5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, 9k on the car, Sunday 9:30pm on my way home from work and after picking my daughter up from work and hit my 3rd deer. I was almost stopped when I hit it, ran off into the woods. I am planning on getting my estimate from the Ins tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
So, 9k on the car, Sunday 9:30pm on my way home from work and after picking my daughter up from work and hit my 3rd deer. I was almost stopped when I hit it, ran off into the woods. I am planning on getting my estimate from the Ins tomorrow.
You may want to consider those deer sounders that go in your grill or bumper that supposedly scare them away...that's a ton of deer!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Ins Co body shop estimate is just below $3k , waiting on Ins Co approval.
Work will take 5 days once they can take the car in, good thing we have a somewhat spare car.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the call yesterday, Car done!!
I stopped today and paid the bill (Ins check & deductible).
I did get to sit in the car to roll up windows and lock up.
Will pickup Sat am so I can put my Impreza5.com decals on and my roof rail bars (courtesy of my brother).
Can't wait to get back driving it.!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Forget the deer whistles. If I'd just hit my third deer, I'd be mounting a 1/2 inch hardened steel ram plate on the bumper and a 50 caliber machine gun on the hood.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forget the deer whistles. If I'd just hit my third deer, I'd be mounting a 1/2 inch hardened steel ram plate on the bumper and a 50 caliber machine gun on the hood.
I'll consult the president of the local gun club who lives in my neighborhood. Lol.

The struggle of living in the sticks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car, glad you and your family are safe.
Living in northern New England, I have to look out for and dodge deer frequently,
commuting to work early mornings!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to hear about the car, glad you and your family are safe.
Living in northern New England, I have to look out for and dodge deer frequently,
commuting to work early mornings!!!
Familiar with Vermont and seeing herds of deer in fields along the highway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts