5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a dent on my front passenger door on July 28 and had PDR done.

On Aug 8, found another dent but this time on my driver's door and had to do another PDR.

Both dents were on the aesthetic line on the door itself or 29 inch above the ground. Did not want to take a picture as it pains me to see those dents.

Wonder if installing those door side moulding will help to prevent the dents?

Part number J1010VA600NN/ Body side moulding for impreza

https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-impreza-body-side-molding-p-1663.html

·
Registered
293 Posts
Those door side mouldings are ugly as f***. They'll prevent some parking lot "door opening" dings but again I think they are ugly.
Agreed, these side molding pieces ruin the sleekness of the car's lines.
They will not necessarily prevent additional dings in the metal.
Likely, a taller SUV type vehicle will hit the door panels in a different location while in a parking lot.

I personally had some idiot in my parking garage at work make 2 small dents on my passenger side door panel.
The car was only a few months old at that point, so I took it to a collision shop to get fixed.

My solution to all this is park AS FAR AWAY from other cars in parking lots as possible.
2 main benefits:
1) Your car will not get dinged
2) You will get more exercise walking a little farther to the store.

:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those door side mouldings are ugly as f***. They'll prevent some parking lot "door opening" dings but again I think they are ugly.
Well, I've have to admit those Subaru side molding don't really look aesthetically pleasing, which is part of the reason that I'm holding back.

My previous Civic had them "mold" to the overall look of the car and with a slight chrome trim so they were alright.

Agreed, these side molding pieces ruin the sleekness of the car's lines.
They will not necessarily prevent additional dings in the metal.
Likely, a taller SUV type vehicle will hit the door panels in a different location while in a parking lot.

I personally had some idiot in my parking garage at work make 2 small dents on my passenger side door panel.
The car was only a few months old at that point, so I took it to a collision shop to get fixed.

My solution to all this is park AS FAR AWAY from other cars in parking lots as possible.
2 main benefits:
1) Your car will not get dinged
2) You will get more exercise walking a little farther to the store.

:)
Never had any dent on my doors of my previous ride which kinda of surprised me. Did had paint chip off at the door handles.

I'm staying in a apartment and I've always, since my 1st dent, parked only in lots that are single lot parking. So there's no way to get dents.

When I'm out in shopping malls or whatever place, I've always tried parking in individual parking lot or corner lot.

Yet, just 3 days ago I got hit with another dent. This is really frustrating.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well, I've have to admit those Subaru side molding don't really look aesthetically pleasing, which is part of the reason that I'm holding back.

My previous Civic had them "mold" to the overall look of the car and with a slight chrome trim so they were alright.

Never had any dent on my doors of my previous ride which kinda of surprised me. Did had paint chip off at the door handles.

I'm staying in a apartment and I've always, since my 1st dent, parked only in lots that are single lot parking. So there's no way to get dents.

When I'm out in shopping malls or whatever place, I've always tried parking in individual parking lot or corner lot.

Yet, just 3 days ago I got hit with another dent. This is really frustrating.
People keep saying that Subarus have "soft paint"... I wonder if there's such a thing as "soft metal"?

·
Super Moderator
1,684 Posts
When I waxed my 17 Impreza for the first time I noticed that the steele in the body certainly felt more flimsy than what was used on my Legacy.

I figure weight reduction.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts