5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While it takes time to work through the first, linked Subaru "document" below, by working one's way through each of the five lines in the "trim" section," finally figured out exactly which components make up each model. For example, both the Sport Premium and the Premium have, standard, digital speedometer capability, and have the upgraded 4.2" LCD color display directly in front of the driver. The Owners Manual was also needed for me to determine all the info.

2017 Subaru Impreza Colors, Accessories, Engine Specs and More

Even once one is inside the above link, takes a while to find things, so key words for me were "Shop" (top line), then scrolling down a long way to "Trim," then working the way through the following five, vertical, and clickable options on the left side.

Exterior and InteriorConvenience
Audio
Climate and Instrumentation
Security and Safety
Optional Equipment

And the Owners Manual really helped:

Vehicle Resources | Subaru of America

And lastly, for those who have not yet found it, Cars101 is another good source to learn/separate/differentiate different content for the many '17 Imprezas models.

2017 Impreza Subaru specs, options, prices, dimensions, measurements and more

Thank you Joe Spitz, Carter Subaru, 206 769-7821 (Seattle area) for your personally creating/updating/maintaining that site (not just for Impreza's by for all Subaru's). Joe is a "car guy," gives great deals. [Note: I have no relationship to that dealership, nor to Joe, just "met" him in my Subaru learnings.]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If the above Subaru link is confusing -- was to me the first few times as there is (nicely) so much content available, here is what you are looking for re the above "model features differentiation."

·
Registered
78 Posts
If only every paint color came with the ivory interior option. I find lighter colors open up the interior so it doesn't look as stuffy.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I love seeing the lighter interiors but the only thing I hate is when you have to clean them. Cleaning a small areas shows a vast difference so everything needs to be thoroughly cleaned as you go through it. That's why I typically try to stay with black interiors as they really don't age if you maintain it. They are less work to maintain as well, of course.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Cleaning can be an issue, for someone that will be using this to commute every day and will be eating inside, I fear how impossible a coffee stain will be to remove. So in that case a black interior is what i'm looking at.

Overall with how family friendly of an Impreza this is, we should see a good volume of black interiors.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Majority of them will definitely be black interior, which is why I may want to steer with the ivory. If I keep the rugrats under control, everything should be fine lol. I already keep microfibers in the cup holders just for safe measure with a spray bottle of all purpose cleaner and vinyl/rubber care on deck at all times.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Lol to do that you gotta stick them in a cage of some sort. Think you can get charged for that ;)

I also do the cup holder microfiber thing though, even if it's only a sealed water bottle. There's nothing more annoying than cleaning darn cupholders I swear.

·
Registered
163 Posts
May get charged but it really isn't a bad idea at all.. Not too sure they wife is gonna be happy about it but.. maybe a front passenger seat cage... LOL

I'm not that pickish on bottles, once it's sealed I'm all good. Just no coffee cups, and things of that matter. Absolutely no cans whatsoever though.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Majority of them will definitely be black interior, which is why I may want to steer with the ivory. If I keep the rugrats under control, everything should be fine lol. I already keep microfibers in the cup holders just for safe measure with a spray bottle of all purpose cleaner and vinyl/rubber care on deck at all times.
Friend of mine with kids that have clean interiors just make sure to discipline their kids, as long as you do that it takes away most issues. But most children come from failed parenting. Aside from that keep all purpose wipes and a small dry vacuum. Also knowing where coin operated wet/dry vacuums goes a long way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts