5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed on my 17 4d some diode dynamics fog lights. i love these because its bright and i can swap out white for amber lenses. this is fantastic for seasonal changes. my headlights, im running Beamtek led from amazon, and i gotta say, they are the brightest things out there. they ran me about 40 bucks for a pair, and have yet to fail me. you can see my photos with these lights on and i will post more during night.

What bulb/housing type are you running, let me know!!

·
Registered
2019 Impreza 5 dr. auto, limited
61 Posts
Still have the stock housings and threw a set of these in: Alla Lighting 2800lm H16 LED Bulb 3000K Amber to replace the dim stock halogen fog lights. They provide a little bit more light, but look a lot nicer.

I'd like to replace them with a set of the Baja Designs Squadrons at some point, but i'll wait til they're on a sale someday for now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still have the stock housings and threw a set of these in: Alla Lighting 2800lm H16 LED Bulb 3000K Amber to replace the dim stock halogen fog lights. They provide a little bit more light, but look a lot nicer.

I'd like to replace them with a set of the Baja Designs Squadrons at some point, but i'll wait til they're on a sale someday for now.
those look pretty good. i always got mad when i drove with dim lights.
got a question for you,
have you run into any hyperflash yet?
and do you know if the stock bulbs and everything have daytime running option?

·
Registered
2019 Impreza 5 dr. auto, limited
61 Posts
No hyperflash with the LED fog light bulbs. But, I've got hyperflash after replacing the front turn signals with LEDs. I'm installing switchbacks in the front and coming up with an adapter to fit a 7443 bulb into the front turn signal that uses a 7440 bulb. Just needs some more work into it first.

Being a limited trim, the drls are the C's in the led headlights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those look pretty good. i always got mad when i drove with dim lights.
got a question for you,
have you run into any hyperflash yet?
and do you know if the stock bulbs and everything have daytime running option?
with my beamtech headlights. when the headlights are off, i dont know if the car is trying to run day time running lights, or its residual voltage. but i do have hyperflashing when they are off. ive tried putting in resistors, but those have not work. i have grown to actually like the hyperflashing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts