5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2022 Impreza Base 5MT OBP
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All Impreza's manufactured in the US come equipped with a simple cover for the interior fuse panel. A simple and worthy upgrade, in my opinion, is to replace this cover with a coin box, as found on JDM Impreza's and prior generations of Subaru Impreza's.

---

Time estimated: <5 minutes

Parts included:
Packing materials Ingredient Transparency Chemical compound Plastic

• Coin Box Assembly: 66170FL100VH
  • Fuse Panel Label: 82245FL03A
Tools Required: N/A

---

Instuctions:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Bumper

1. Open the fuse panel cover with the handle.
Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Gas Automotive exterior

2. Remove the cover by pulling straight back in its folded-down position to release the two tabs, as circled in red.
Handwriting Rectangle Font Gas Communication Device

3. Open your new fuse panel label and verify it is the same as the one that came equipped with your car. The location of the part number for the sticker is circled in red.
Watch Font Office equipment Communication Device Rectangle

4. Apply the label as shown above.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting

5. With the coin box, first push it into the slot so that the pin on each side, as circled, is behind the lower dashboard panel.
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Font

6. Push the coin box down so that the lower two tabs snap into the molded plastic rod.

7. Flip the coin box assembly up and latch it.
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive design

Thats it. Now you have an extra storage space on the lower corner of your dashboard panel for any small items you may want to stow.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another item to note, there are many aftermarket options that exist for these coin box holders. I ordered one from Subispeed "GCS" (Aftermarket) to compare to my OEM unit and I would like to show the differences between the two.
Automotive tire Rectangle Bumper Automotive lighting Gadget

Bumper Gas Rectangle Automotive exterior Flag

Automotive tire Grey Tire Line Gas

Most notably, the OEM unit matches the coloring of the dash panels much more accurately than the aftermarket one. Similarly, the grain structure on the OEM unit matches as well. The aftermarket unit reminds me of 120 grit sandpaper and just looks off. The mold flashing around the outside of the panel on the aftermarket unit is much more pronounced as well.

The OEM unit also includes little felt pads to help prevent rattles from vibrations when shut - similarly to the original fuse panel cover. These are omitted on the aftermarket unit.

The OEM unit and aftermarket differ in their part number placing. I think the aftermarket tried to mimic the Subaru OEM unit here, as they also cast the Subaru Logo into the side as well as "Made in China" whereas the OEM unit is "Made in Japan".

I was able to get both of these shipped for roughly the same priced (~$25), so for those of you who are also picky like me and wanting everything to match and have great fitment, the OEM route may be one to choose.

For what its worth, the aftermarket one is going in the Crosstrek as well.

· Registered
2023 Subaru Impreza base 5 speed sedan
33 Posts
I did exactly that on the Impreza, Got mine on Amazon and there were several "brands" out there. Only issue is none of the fuse diagrams matched exactly what I had.

· Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
797 Posts
I did exactly that on the Impreza, Got mine on Amazon and there were several "brands" out there. Only issue is none of the fuse diagrams matched exactly what I had.
I bought one on Aliexpress that didn't come with a diagram. I ended up taking a picture or scan of the fuse diagram, cleaning it up in Affinity Photo, printing it, and sticking it on the back with packing tape. 3 years later still there no problem. If I ever find that file I'll upload it here

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought one on Aliexpress that didn't come with a diagram. I ended up taking a picture or scan of the fuse diagram, cleaning it up in Affinity Photo, printing it, and sticking it on the back with packing tape. 3 years later still there no problem. If I ever find that file I'll upload it here
Just a heads up for anyone looking into this, the fuse label MSRPs for $1.18 but can be found at online wholesale retailers for less than $0.70. I paid $0.64 (wholesale discount) before tax at my dealership for one.

Just trying to save anyone the hassle of re-taping, creating svg files, etc. when the part is readily available and very cheap.

· Registered
2023 Subaru Impreza base 5 speed sedan
33 Posts
Just a heads up for anyone looking into this, the fuse label MSRPs for $1.18 but can be found at online wholesale retailers for less than $0.70. I paid $0.64 (wholesale discount) before tax at my dealership for one.

Just trying to save anyone the hassle of re-taping, creating svg files, etc. when the part is readily available and very cheap.
Just ordered one from my local dealer, due in next Tues.

· Registered
2017 Impreza Touring 5dr
241 Posts
I installed one early on, the clips that attach to the car body fell out alot so they got super glued, I found the door liked to fall out with any significant weight in it so the sub control knob lives there now :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts