5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2022 Impreza Base 5MT OBP
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This DIY is primarily applicable to Base model owners whose cars come equipped with standard sun visors. Premium trim levels (and higher) sun visors have extra features, including the option of a slide-out extension that can help block sunlight along the center portion of the windshield.

Note: The scope of this write-up does not include adding any wiring for vanity mirror lighting, as found on Sport and Limited trims.

---

Time estimated: <10 minutes

Parts included:

Without Eyesight
  • LH Side: 92011FL030ME
  • RH Side: 92011FL020ME

With Eyesight
  • LH Side: 92011FL050ME
  • RH Side: 92011FL040ME
Font Gas Plastic Rectangle Composite material

Tools Required:
  • Plastic trim removal tools
  • 2Ph Phillips screwdriver
---

Instructions:

1. Open up the sun visor so it is vertical.
Gadget Chair Eyewear Automotive design Audio equipment

2. Using your plastic trim tool, remove the screw cover by prying at the arrows indicated red (see bottom right for example).

3. Once the first two tabs have been released, pull the cap down and in the direction of the yellow arrow to release the remaining two tabs as indicated by the orange arrows.
Hood Automotive design Grey Line Automotive exterior

4. Unlock the sun visor and rotate it so it is parallel with the drivers window.

5. Unscrew the RH screw, which should now be more easily accessible.

6. Re-lock the sun visor into position, unfolding it so it is vertical once again.

7. Unscrew the LH screw.

8. Unlock the sun visor from it's hook.
Hood Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Alloy wheel

9. With the sun visor free, pull down and towards the rear of the vehicle to unlatch the clip and free the visor.

10. Reinstall sun visor in reverse order.
Automotive exterior Font Automotive tire Bumper Gas

Repeat for the RH visor and that is it. This simple addition has been a great addition for my base model, as I often found myself having the sun blind me right between my visor and rear view mirror.

· Registered
956 Posts
Mirror swap is here:

· Registered
2022 Impreza Base 5MT OBP
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mirror swap is here:
The part numbers I provided do not require a mirror swap, as they do not have the vanity lights, but useful for those also looking for this type of instruction. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts