5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 5 Dr Impreza base model in February that replaced the 2014 Impreza that I absolutely loved. It was built in January, and I had a bunch of issues with it. I visited the service department 12 times in 6 months! I had the dead battery issue and cruise control light flashing issue that many people here have mentioned. Had some of the head unit problems too, but if they were the only issues I wouldn't have been overly concerned. I also had both front wheel bearings and the front drive axle replaced.
Because of my totally opposite experience with my 2014 (no issues), I wasn't willing to give up on the brand, so I traded for a 4 door base model almost 2 weeks ago. I've put 650 miles on it already and so far no issues! This one was built in August, so I am hopeful that most of the earlier issues have been resolved.
I was going to reply to the post asking about satisfied owners, but my story is kind of odd so I decided to do a separate post. Overall, I'd say I'm a satisfied owners now.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Should have lemon'd that car. I hope your having to trade it out didn't cost you too much. Sorry, but at least you seem to be on the right track now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I researched the lemon laws, it didn't qualify yet and I was too frustrated to wait it out. My dealer helped me out and I pretty much broke even. I'm just so happy to be driving an Impreza that feels more like my first one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
What state are you in?

In FL, where I was living at the time, three times in for the same problem or been in a total of 15 days for any problems, during it's OEM warranty period, it is legal to lemon.

Subaru could not fix my head unit in four total visits, including one 10 day final period, and bought the car back and I purchased a new one with many incentives. Went from 5 years at $348 per month to 4 years at $317.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maryland and it is 4 times for the same problem or 30 days that it is in the shop. SOA was involved and by the time it was all said and done my payment went down a few dollars a month. 750 miles and no issues so far.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Good luck with this one! Enjoy your ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts