5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this preowned recently and looking into changing the steelies with probably a tire/wheel package from TireRack. Can I assume that it does not have TPMS?

·
Registered
866 Posts
It has TPMS, but there is just a warning light when a tire is low on air. No pressure reading displayed in the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just bought this preowned recently and looking into changing the steelies with probably a tire/wheel package from TireRack. Can I assume that it does not have TPMS?
We have several Imprezas and other models in the family. You can purchase replacement rims for Subarus from many sources. We live in Wisconsin and run steel rims with winter tires. We use a tool to reset the TPMS light. It is only about $100 and it is great to not have the light on all winter or summer when not using the stock sensors. PM me if needed and I can walk you thru it

·
Registered
111 Posts
My 17 premium didn't... Least it didn't say a word when the Canadian tire steelies went on without sensors... No dash indication either... I don't mind

·
Registered
407 Posts
Does Canada have the same TPMS requirement?
FWIW, a lot of people get around seeing the TPMS light on the dash either by covering it with a piece of electrical tape, or even by removing the bulb altogether. Does your TPMS light go on when you start?

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Canadian government doesn't require TPMS. Some manufactures include them on cars sold in Canada, some don't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts