5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have keyless entry with push button start. Is it possible to configure the door lock settings such that all doors (and hatch) will automatically lock upon placing vehicle in drive? Can't find anything in manual about this. Could it be necessary to manually lock doors by the lock/unlock switch on door inside?? If so bad feature. My other vehicles all permit locks to be set so as to automatically engage upon shifting car into drive or shortly after vehicle begins to move. :confused:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nope, not possible. One of my biggest gripes about Subarus. I don't think any of them do it. I manually lock mine every time I get in the car. I also emailed SOA about this and they said it's not a feature.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I guess to each his own. The auto lock is the first feature I disable on cars I’ve purchased with this feature. Most cars have a sequence to disable it.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza 5DR Limited (CVT) w/ES & NAV
55 Posts
The Subaru Legacy auto locks the doors, at least the loaner the Dealer gave me did...

I do miss that option!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks to above. Surprised that this important safety feature is lacking.
Just in case I’m in an accident I would prefer for the doors to be unlocked so somebody can pull me out of my flaming car without having to figure out how to get the door opened. I suppose if I’m driving through a “bad” neighborhood I could lock the doors myself, but I can’t see any other benefit of this feature.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I drive all over Chicago and the Auto Unlock feature can get you killed or robbed. I’ve had people grab my door handle when I pulled up and parked, if it unlocked automatically I would’ve been a crime victim or dead. I’ll take care of the basics myself thank you.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,187 Posts
Curious, why would you want the doors to lock right after you get in the car? Seems like it would be dangerous if you got in an accident and had to be removed from the car quickly (for instance if your car was on fire and you were unconscious).

·
Registered
2017 Impreza 5DR Limited (CVT) w/ES & NAV
55 Posts
Most cars (that I know of) that have auto-lock also automatically unlock the doors in case of an accident that deploys the airbag, and they also cut power to the fuel pump and activate the 4-way emergency flashers. I know the VW's that I had do this, anyway...

Reactions: specops1526

·
Registered
274 Posts
Outback /Legacy, new Ascent Forester all have this. I suspect for the Impreza's mid model update next year it will get it. Plus I think they will give it a few more ponies too

·
Registered
70 Posts
I saw device like this when search stuff on those Chinese online sales site. Personally, I rather control the locks myself.

C$ 81.09 6%OFF | CHSKY Car OBD speed lock for Subaru XV 2018 ONLY Door Lock speed locking closing for Subaru XV OBD Speed Lock Car Door locking
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cANdOjok

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't really care about the auto lock feature. But it's funny and ridiculous that they don't think that auto locks are necessary. but a stupid light 6 to 8 months a year telling me it might snow is life saving tech. Sure wish I could turn it off!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a new Crosstrek as a loaner a few weeks back. It had the auto locking feature.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts