5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I"m at 1600 miles and my car has developed an annoying Buzzing/Rattle while driving over rock roads, seems to be coming from Gauge cluster or left AC Vent area.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm dropping off at the dealership in the morning, they are providing a loaner.

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,913 Posts
This might not be your problem but it is a funny story; I had an annoying rattle coming from the drivers' side area of my car. Took me a few days but I finally nailed it. My garage door opener switch was the culprit! LOL

·
Registered
2018 Hatch 5MT
107 Posts
I"m at 1600 miles and my car has developed an annoying Buzzing/Rattle while driving over rock roads, seems to be coming from Gauge cluster or left AC Vent area.

Has anyone else had this issue? I'm dropping off at the dealership in the morning, they are providing a loaner.
On mine, it's the curved back part of the gauge cluster. Seems to happen more often when the inside temp changes.

·
Registered
2018 Hatch 5MT
107 Posts
Is there anything that the dealership can do to fix these rattles?
No idea, I never bothered asking them. There's a few older threads about the dash rattle happening to other people and it seems like some were able to convince the dealer to deal with it. My long term plan is to get behind the cluster when I have the time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No idea, I never bothered asking them. There's a few older threads about the dash rattle happening to other people and it seems like some were able to convince the dealer to deal with it. My long term plan is to get behind the cluster when I have the time.
I figure the car is less than 1 month old, I'll let them deal with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just dropped off the car, they gave me a 2019 Crosstrek CVT, I'm so glad I went with the Impreza with MT....

Road noise with the Crosstrek is much worse with those tires and the CVT has the rubber band effect.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Dealer still has the car, they are chasing down the dash rattle, it was such an obvious noise guess they couldn't deny it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Were they able to find the cause of the rattle?
Just spoke with the service manager, they are replacing the AC Compressor for a noise on startup, they are continuing trying to fix the rattle. I'm staying in touch with Subaru customer service regarding these issues on a car with 1600 miles.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the update. Please let me know what they come up with. My car has also had the same thing from the day I got it. Multiple trips to the dealer and they were "never able to replicate" but I can drive out of the lot and hear it. I basically gave up on it, seemed like they weren't going to get into it at all. I've since switched to a new dealership for many reasons outside of this issue.

But a few others here have had the same complaint, some have found various sources and fixed them, but none of those have applied to my situation. I'm nearing the end of my 36k warranty coverage, so if there is an answer I'd like to get them to handle it soon. Thanks for your reply and help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the update. Please let me know what they come up with. My car has also had the same thing from the day I got it. Multiple trips to the dealer and they were "never able to replicate" but I can drive out of the lot and hear it. I basically gave up on it, seemed like they weren't going to get into it at all. I've since switched to a new dealership for many reasons outside of this issue.

But a few others here have had the same complaint, some have found various sources and fixed them, but none of those have applied to my situation. I'm nearing the end of my 36k warranty coverage, so if there is an answer I'd like to get them to handle it soon. Thanks for your reply and help.
Although the dealership is so far taking care of things, I also called Subaru to report my issues... In a very nice way I let both Subaru and the Dealership know that I expect my brand new car to be fixed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts