5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hatch 5MT
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of necessity, I have to use shoes with a decent amount of support for work as the floor is primarily old concrete without any type of cushion. I have a rough time with thicker shoes when driving as my feel for the pedals goes to shit so I have a lightweight pair of Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66s that are awesome for driving. Curious if anyone else is rocking a pair of dedicated 'driving only' shoes?

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
466 Posts
I did have a nice pair of Piloti but they started to fall apart. I looked around and these Puma Drift Cat shoes have been working out well for me.

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,970 Posts
Driving is a pain in the winter when you have big boots on. When good weather comes it feels like you have so much more control.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
112 Posts
On long trips I've been using a pair of Piloti shoes. I've also seen puma driving shoes sold for around $30. They are dedicated driving shoes with a curved heel for easy pedal pivoting.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Years ago I bought a pair of Puma leather runners that had the Goodyear F1 tire tread on the bottom, they feel great for driving and certainly track use. I don't wear them often so they are in mint condition, they could easily last my lifetime. I also have some Puma Ferrari shoes which are also good for driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts