·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale:

DRL with bezel

Price: $130
Contact number: 518-477-0511
Reason for selling: upgrade to foglight.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Would you mind sharing some knowledge on how the wiring for the DRL compares to the Fog lights? Thinking about upgrading mine as well. Are both wiring harnesses present on the Sport Trim level? Pics would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you mind sharing some knowledge on how the wiring for the DRL compares to the Fog lights? Thinking about upgrading mine as well. Are both wiring harnesses present on the Sport Trim level? Pics would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance.

i upgraded my drl to a OEM foglight but i did the wiring on my own. but if you want the drl you can just easily tap the wires of the drl light to your parklights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts

i upgraded my drl to a OEM foglight but i did the wiring on my own. but if you want the drl you can just easily tap the wires of the drl light to your parklights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So in the Sport the DRL wiring is direct to the fog, as in the same wiring harness?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So in the Sport the DRL wiring is direct to the fog, as in the same wiring harness?

No the OEM wiring for Sport trim with DRL is different. The car has a different set ot wiring diagram and module specifically for DRL. So if you want to add the DRL lights from the Sport trim to a non sport trim which is limited, premium or base model you need to do your own wiring diagram or just tap it to your park light so the drl lights is always on once you switch on your park light or headlights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
No the OEM wiring for Sport trim with DRL is different. The car has a different set ot wiring diagram and module specifically for DRL. So if you want to add the DRL lights from the Sport trim to a non sport trim which is limited, premium or base model you need to do your own wiring diagram or just tap it to your park light so the drl lights is always on once you switch on your park light or headlights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A relay can be wired to switch on if the parking lights are off and vice-versa giving the affect of true DRL functionality. Just tap the parking light + for terminal 86 and use 87a to feed the DRLs. Make sure you tap terminal 30 from ACC rather than direct from battery so that the DRLs turn off with the car.

http://www.rattlebars.com/mtz/basicrelay.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts