5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Subaru has limited options that are available from the factory for the base model trim level. However, the similarity between the trim levels means some of the higher level parts can be installed in the lower trim level. It seems like there should be a thread to use as an easy reference. I'll start out with some of the easy upgrades that I'm enjoying on my base model.

Painted mirror caps

Leather center console arm rest

Sun visors with extensions

Hood insulator

Sport (and Crosstrek) sized brakes

Fog lights

Steering lockdown for more precise highway driving

·
Registered
63 Posts
That Perrin dampener for the floaty steering feel might work wonders. I think the steering is the only real handling complaint I have with my car. Not that it's bad, it just isn't as good as my Volvo was.

·
Registered
2018 5D Standard Automatic
45 Posts
Hood Insulator: 30-ish bucks
8 Pins for securing it: A few bucks

Shipping and handling: 75 bucks

I might see if my dealer's parts department would be willing to sell one at a reasonable price when I go in for my next oil change.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know several of us have ended up buying the hood insulator through a local dealership because of the high shipping costs. Subaru packages it in a huge, oversized box. Dealerships will price match online prices many times. Sometimes it's worth bringing in some online quotes.

·
Registered
2020 Base Hatchback
4 Posts
Thanks for compiling all of these! I've been eyeing the Perrin dampener for awhile so I might go forward with it. Also the hood insulator was something I never thought of. Definitely adding that to my base hatch

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
31 Posts
Hood Insulator: 30-ish bucks
8 Pins for securing it: A few bucks

Shipping and handling: 75 bucks

I might see if my dealer's parts department would be willing to sell one at a reasonable price when I go in for my next oil change.
They wouldn't match the online price at my dealership but the insulator and 8 pins cost me $60.38 out the door. You could actually just install it in their parking lot too! It takes longer to unpack than it does to install.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
148 Posts
Thanks for this post, noslush! Will def be doing some of these. Foglights are one that I'm eyeing when I get some downtime from work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts