5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time for the next EBC Brakes Pad Giveaway! One set of pads (front or rear) will be gifted to one randomly selected forum member from our entire range, just by participating in the below thread!

In past giveaways we have discussed our first ride, garage and storage spaces, famous people we have met or would like to have met and weird and wonderful vehicles amongst other topics.

With respect to electric vehicles, the sound and mechanics of an internal combustion engine is a masterpiece, and as pressures increase from governments for the end of the ICE, this month we would like to pose the question; Hypothetically the law states you can keep only one ICE car for the future, what car do you want to hold onto forever, and why?
Would you choose something economic like a Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost twin turbo, or go for power with the 5.2L V10 Lamborghini Huracan or a 6.2L Hemi SRT Hellcat Supercharged V8? Maybe you want the usability of a Ford F-150, or the classic finesse of a 1980 Corvette Stingray?

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st December 2022 and details will be posted on this forum shortly after.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake pads and rotors for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

· Registered
19 Sport Hatch MT
206 Posts
Porsche Cayman gt4. Sounds great and still has a sludge box so it feels like I'm actually doing something.

Reactions: EBC Brakes

· Registered
11 Posts
I've had and driven just about every category of engine and nothing will ever compare to the Toyota 2000GT. I had the pleasure of racing one around Watkins Glen and that engine had me smiling the whole time and just gives you a warm fuzzy felling all over. I will say, my 2000 Impreza 2.5RS is a close second; it just had an intake, custom EL headers, cat and a Brullen catback and it made such a great boxer sound you can't replicate. I will add I ran EBC greens on that car for over a decade, loved 'em. ;-)

· Registered
27 Posts
It is time for the next EBC Brakes Pad Giveaway! One set of pads (front or rear) will be gifted to one randomly selected forum member from our entire range, just by participating in the below thread!

In past giveaways we have discussed our first ride, garage and storage spaces, famous people we have met or would like to have met and weird and wonderful vehicles amongst other topics.

With respect to electric vehicles, the sound and mechanics of an internal combustion engine is a masterpiece, and as pressures increase from governments for the end of the ICE, this month we would like to pose the question; Hypothetically the law states you can keep only one ICE car for the future, what car do you want to hold onto forever, and why?
Would you choose something economic like a Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost twin turbo, or go for power with the 5.2L V10 Lamborghini Huracan or a 6.2L Hemi SRT Hellcat Supercharged V8? Maybe you want the usability of a Ford F-150, or the classic finesse of a 1980 Corvette Stingray?

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st December 2022 and details will be posted on this forum shortly after.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake pads and rotors for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.
One car (engine) that really stands out to me is the gt500 with the 5.2 voodoo. The harmonics are pretty impressive.

173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had and driven just about every category of engine and nothing will ever compare to the Toyota 2000GT. I had the pleasure of racing one around Watkins Glen and that engine had me smiling the whole time and just gives you a warm fuzzy felling all over. I will say, my 2000 Impreza 2.5RS is a close second; it just had an intake, custom EL headers, cat and a Brullen catback and it made such a great boxer sound you can't replicate. I will add I ran EBC greens on that car for over a decade, loved 'em. ;-)
the sound of a boxer is something special

· Registered
337 Posts
If I could only keep one and be less than reasonable, it would be a Porcshe Cayman S. I've always wanted one. If I were being even more reasonable, it would be my modified B5 S4 though it would be even more modified than it is. The car fits me perfectly in terms of size. I sit well in it, it isn't too large of a car, handles great with the PSS9s and has decent power with the bolt on upgrades I have (though not so much any more with a blown turbo). I would just replace the turbos with bigger ones, do some more exhaust work, big brake kit and bigger rims. Oh, and I would have to convert to the 6spd to handle the power I want. The TIP is only good to about 450HP before the blow up.

173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I could only keep one and be less than reasonable, it would be a Porcshe Cayman S. I've always wanted one. If I were being even more reasonable, it would be my modified B5 S4 though it would be even more modified than it is. The car fits me perfectly in terms of size. I sit well in it, it isn't too large of a car, handles great with the PSS9s and has decent power with the bolt on upgrades I have (though not so much any more with a blown turbo). I would just replace the turbos with bigger ones, do some more exhaust work, big brake kit and bigger rims. Oh, and I would have to convert to the 6spd to handle the power I want. The TIP is only good to about 450HP before the blow up.
Congratulations @wheel366 , You are the winner! Please PM your full vehicle details (make, model, year & engine size) in the 'conversations', as well as your choice of pads and any part number (Can be found in the link in our signature) along with your full name and shipping address.

Thank you for participating, if you missed out don't worry, next month there will be another giveaway! Remember FORUM10USER code gets you 10% discount from the link in our bio

1 - 12 of 12 Posts