5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive with my elbow on the top of the door fairly regularly. I've noticed that doing this has left a permanent dent in the top of the door trim. I've never experienced that before in a car.

Not a major issue, but interesting after 6 months.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I drive with my elbow on the top of the door fairly regularly. I've noticed that doing this has left a permanent dent in the top of the door trim. I've never experienced that before in a car.

Take a pic & upload?

·
Registered
229 Posts
It might help to visit your local dealer and see if the other Imprezas have trim as soft as what you have. If its not then maybe there's some production issues that warrant getting that piece replaced. You'll only know if you ask and if you do please let us know... someone here might also have the same issue.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I happened to stand on my rear bumper the other day to reach the roof and the top of the bumper doesn't offer a lot of support either! Never was an issue on my old Forester!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine has been at the dealership again for the past week +. One of the issues is the black rubber trim around the windows -- on the passenger side both front and back, this rubber part was curling weirdly. May be related?

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Mine has been at the dealership again for the past week +. One of the issues is the black rubber trim around the windows -- on the passenger side both front and back, this rubber part was curling weirdly. May be related?
I've seen this happen with cars before, but definitely not new ones. Is it only the passenger side?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've seen this happen with cars before, but definitely not new ones. Is it only the passenger side?
Yes - both windows on the passenger side. I watched them emerge over a couple weeks - I first noticed one bending spot, then a few days later there was another, etc. It's really bananas for a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is the plastic trim on top of the inside of the door. It is the 2.0S (I think the Sport is the USA equivalent)

Rest your arm naturally on the door while holding the steering wheel and driving and you'll understand where it is.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow. I checked my car (premium trim) and the plastic there seems very durable. I couldn't make an impression with thumb pressure no matter how hard I tried. Do all the doors do this or just the driver's? That would certainly support the "bad batch of foam" theory.

·
Registered
357 Posts

LOL I thought I was the only one....hey don't forget to add in the dead elbow skin :laugh:

Yeah it's just a cheap interior. I'm waiting for the day it starts squeaking due to that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts