5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 subaru impreza sport hatchback
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good quad exhaust option for a 2017 Hatchback other than the Nameless one? Is there a full catback option available?

·
Registered
21 Posts
we are in the same boat here, the only difference that mine is sedan and there is a Borla one for the hatchback, i may end up buying the sedan nameless exhaust if nothing came out in the coming months

·
Registered
89 Posts
AFE Catback for hatchback. . Check out showcase, I believe My lil Silver Imp is currently running this setup.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice! I'm just not a fan of the angled exit pipe. I like the straight out look. I may try and get the quad axel back from nameless with the mufflers this time as I just sold my muffler delete. Liked the look of the quad look. How much was that cat back?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very nice! I'm just not a fan of the angled exit pipe. I like the straight out look. I may try and get the quad axel back from nameless with the mufflers this time as I just sold my muffler delete. Liked the look of the quad look. How much was that cat back?
I got my catback exhaust for sale 550 but I also bought tip which another 100 so $650.

Here is site for it I believe it's on sale again.

It's for crosstrek but same as for impreza you know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my catback exhaust for sale 550 but I also bought tip which another 100 so $650.

Here is site for it I believe it's on sale again.

It's for crosstrek but same as for impreza you know.
Thanks for that. I'll check it out. BTW, realized you are the one I commented a few minutes ago in another thread about living in Frederick MD. Small world

·
Registered
35 Posts
Syms quad is great, but it’s the most exspesive one coming in around $1700 with shipping and import fees. it does come with a fiber glass piece for the rear so you can tuck the pipes into the bumper, giving a much better oem looks. And quality and sounds are top notch.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nameless needs to do something similar to this. Pipes need to be tucked up into the bumper a bit IMO. Looks like it belongs on the car. Super clean. I dig it 🤙

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nameless needs to do something similar to this. Pipes need to be tucked up into the bumper a bit IMO. Looks like it belongs on the car. Super clean. I dig it 🤙
The issue is it costs a lot of money to design and fabricate the fiber glass piece. Over time, yes you can spread the cost out. But is bet the fiber glass piece alone would cost you $500 or more. It takes a lot of bumper cutting as well. Took probably 5-6 hours to install with measuring everything and cutting it a couple times, as you don’t want to remove too much. the fiber glass piece has screw studs that you have to drill holes in the bumper for it to go through also, and getting that , as well as the exhaust, lined up is really tricky.

The syms exhaust is really top quality. At 4-6k rpms, the deep subbie rumble comes alive, even with the equal length headers. I wish someone would make some carb legal uel headers. Might still do it anyways, as I have 4 more years before I have my first emissions inspection.

if anyone else has the money laying around, it is well worth it.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
That looks very damn good. But the Nameless is going to have the same sound almost sure of this. And you can hear the ruble it's not quite there. We all knwo you'll have to get UEL headers to get that sound that we crave and AVO is one of the options we would have to go with for around 900ish for the headers. I've paid for the muffler version of Nameless around 700ish thats 1k less. FOr the 1700k you can go nameless and the UEL headers as posted on the other page @ Nameless Performance’s quad exhaust for 2017+ Hatchbacks

And that sounds Great IMO. Am really leaning to dropping the 900 for that UEL header.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree. When I bought it, there was no nameless quad tip. I don't really like the look that much either, though I agree, they seem to have a similar sound.

It's just frustrating being in California or I would have dropped that $900 a while ago for the UEL headers. Remember also, you'll need a turn to run the headers safely, and the tools for that are ~$200 plus the tune seems to be ~$400. A proper dyno tune could run you a lot more than that also. So while the headers might not be that much, the tune will set you back a bit more also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts