5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know, for some inexplicable reasons, Subaru does not currently offer the exhaust tip, that little cosmetic piece that attaches to the tailpipe.

Has anyone installed a substitute exhaust tip on a 5th-gen Impreza? I have read somewhere that someone in this forum successfully used one for Forester. Is so, was the part number D0518FG010?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a D0518FG010 Muffler tip and tried to install on our 2018 Imp sedan. Did NOT work! The tail pipe of our Impreza is too wide for the diameter of the inner bracket of the muffler tip. Since it clearly worked for jrod1982 above, this muffler tip is probably go for the hatchback but not for the sedan, at least not on the 2018 sedan (Premium).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got a D0518FG010 Muffler tip and tried to install on our 2018 Imp sedan. Did NOT work! The tail pipe of our Impreza is too wide for the diameter of the inner bracket of the muffler tip. Since it clearly worked for jrod1982 above, this muffler tip is probably go for the hatchback but not for the sedan, at least not on the 2018 sedan (Premium).
Did you ever find out what the diameter of the of the muffler tip is? I'd like to add a tip on my Impreza sedan as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts