5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

The plastic assembly around my EyeSight/Map Lights assembly is rattling a lot while driving. If I put my had on it, it stops. Anyone know how to prevent this?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello,

The plastic assembly around my EyeSight/Map Lights assembly is rattling a lot while driving. If I put my had on it, it stops. Anyone know how to prevent this?
Reverse time, and tell them to fix it in the factory.

In all seriousness, take it to the dealer, complain about it. Insist it is not normal and they will replace it. If it continues, replace it again. There should be very little in a car that makes such a disruptive noise. They design cars to stay together, not get lose and Ultimately fall apart.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
After I got my windshield replaced the little black plastic cover over the wiring was loose. It was meant to clip in behind the EyeSight cover. It would rattle with loud music or the right cracks in the windows/sunroof.

I tried to push it back into place (didn't try very hard) but it wouldn't fit without taking the EyeSight panel off. I had my dealership do it while it was in for an oil change. It has been silent ever since being put back into position properly.

·
Registered
295 Posts
After I got my windshield replaced the little black plastic cover over the wiring was loose. It was meant to clip in behind the EyeSight cover. It would rattle with loud music or the right cracks in the windows/sunroof.

I tried to push it back into place (didn't try very hard) but it wouldn't fit without taking the EyeSight panel off. I had my dealership do it while it was in for an oil change. It has been silent ever since being put back into position properly.
Did you happen to watch and see how they took the panel off? Looking to take it off to make wiring a dash cam cleaner and easier

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the same problem in my 17 sport hatch. It's really annoying - mine happens to be the right side of the casing. It didn't do it at first after I had my windshield replaced ,but eventually something came loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts