5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with Eyesight and EZ Pass, where have you mounted the transponder?

Thanks..

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have my dash cam and ezpass mounted behind the mirror, out of sight of the driver and well below the cameras.

Some of the authorities say "at least one inch below the frame" and some say "approximately one inch". For years I've mounted them so as not to be visible to the driver, usually much more than an inch. i haven't had issues.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Mine is attached to the right of the eyesight system, where the printed dot pattern drops back to the top of the window. This is out of the "avoid" zone shown in the EZ Pass manual, does not obstruct my sight, and is what my Subaru delivery person advised. It also is reasonably central and has worked properly in the EZ pass lanes in 5+ states.

Attachments

Reactions: smrtech

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have my dash cam and ezpass mounted behind the mirror, out of sight of the driver and well below the cameras.

Some of the authorities say "at least one inch below the frame" and some say "approximately one inch". For years I've mounted them so as not to be visible to the driver, usually much more than an inch. i haven't had issues.
Do you have the IR turned off? I ask because of possible issues with reflections at night towards eyesight

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have Eyesight and mounted the PA EZPass about 6 inches to the right of the right camera. So as not to interfere with it. You'd really have to put it right next to the camera, almost touching for it to interfere, so I was just being conservative.

Pretty much exactly where ILuvMySubaru2 shows in the diagram. I never saw that diagram before mounting it, but was told by the delivery prep person to leave alot of room.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Left side, below eyesight, behind mirror, wrapped in carbon fiber tape to black out. Works perfectly.

My texas tax and florida tag are on the back of the mirror, not on the windshield.

Also have a tiny dash cam hard wired to right of the eyesight.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I mounted my iPass on the top of the windshield on the driver's side, well outside of the EyeSight vorboden envelope.

City sticker is on the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side.

I want that sticker to be clearly visible in the place LEOs expect since I've already gotten a citation for not having one - in my Employer's paid-for parking garage no less!

(I actually had purchased the sticker but hadn't bothered putting it up since it's such a pain to scrape off the old one and put in the new one. These things are for revenue generation, not identification so I thought I'd be cool - but the citation was for failure to display, not failure to purchase.)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine is attached to the right of the eyesight system, where the printed dot pattern drops back to the top of the window. This is out of the "avoid" zone shown in the EZ Pass manual, does not obstruct my sight, and is what my Subaru delivery person advised. It also is reasonably central and has worked properly in the EZ pass lanes in 5+ states.
I do exactly as show and it works fine. The EyeSight cameras have a wider view than you might think.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Same place I have mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have mine on the lower right corner of the windshield. I live in Chicago and we're required to have a 'city sticker' down there. I haven't had any eyesight problems, and works fine in toll booths.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have mine on the lower right corner of the windshield. I live in Chicago and we're required to have a 'city sticker' down there. I haven't had any eyesight problems, and works fine in toll booths.
[RANT]

Ditto in Arlington Heights (a Chicago suburb).

Don't know if it's still true, but used to be that even if your municipality doesn't require a sticker, you'd have to buy one from the county (Cook). This is to insure that you have to pay someone something for the privilege of having a vehicle on the road - even if it's not driven.

Lord help you should not have a hard to remove adhesive covered piece of plastic on the lower right corner of your windshield - which has to be replaced annually - in this hard to access location (especially with today's sloped windshields); and it's not enough just to buy this income-producing piece of annoyance - you have to apply it as well.

I was given a citation for not having a current sticker (which I had bought) in my employer's parking garage in the suburb of Maywood - even though I live in Arlington Heights. The ticket was for failure to display - not failure to purchase :frown2:.

[/RANT]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ez Pass Location

Here is the figure from the EyeSight Quick Guide. It has dimensions of the prohibited areas for mounting items on the windshield and dash.

The picture shows where the Ez Pass is mounted on my 2017 Impreza. It is mounted to the right of the black dots on the windshield and up close to the headliner.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Some states (Maryland, for example) will provide an alternate ezPass device that attaches to the front plate outside instead of the inside the windshield stickee.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts