5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sat down in 17 impreza 5dr h/b and heard a faint fan noise when I put my ear to grill on dash.
Does anyone notice this?
Very weird.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John86 just went to car, car is not running, fan switch on/off switch set to off, if you place your ear center grill (radio) you can hear I believe faint fan running. Car is plugged into batterytender.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I haven't been on the highways yet just back roads.
Still breaking the car in.
I have tried turning the fan down to no led bar, but their is always a bar left.
The climate control knob Auto/On/Off is set to off
With the battery [email protected]
It won't be long for the battery to be discharged.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least I was not hearing things.
Anyway's according to Service Advisor car is doing a self check.
Not to worry.
Also checked batt.when fully charged(car is couple off weeks old) 13.18 volts
Let sit for 3 days 13.03.
I did that because of faint fan noise running.

·
Registered
38 Posts
do you have the sports model with the LED headlights?
I just noticed the other day when I parked my car in my garage, i have my headlights on auto, didn't lock it for a minute and there was a fan sound when the headlights were on.
Seeing that you're a Canadian as well and we have daytime running lights (DRL), so if your headlights are on it might be that sound?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in Ont. Can. the impreza is called the Touring Pkg with paddleshift 16" alum rims. driving lights etc.
In the States I believe it's the Premium Pkg.
I started with most things on auto mode, now I manually on /off things.
Sit in car,turn everything off, put ear to center grill and listen for faint fan noise. And no it's not headlights.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I suspect there is a fan in the infotainment system. I've heard it running with the car off.
I heard the same thing last night. I turned the engine off & heard this noise in intervals. Definitely sounded like it was behind the info system. It came on a few times. I did read on here of people having issues with the battery dying I hope this isn't the cause of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts