5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 2018 Impreza but wish it was faster. I remember looking under the hood of a Testarossa ( think Miami Vice era) and it had a flat 12 just like our Subaru's but with 8 more cylinders. This swap seems like a natural fit. I figured since the engine will be out I should add a quad Turbo set up for a little more Juice. I want to stay auto so a PDK from a Porsche would be ideal. I've never done anything like this before but I'm hoping the Internet and Youtube Videos should make it easy. Does anyone foresee any problems with this swap? I'll keep the HP under 1100 for the sake of reliability so that should be no problem. Thank you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does anyone foresee any problems with this swap?
Possibly the length of an engine with 3 times as many cylinders ???
And, the PDK is pointing in the wrong direction unless you want to go backwards very quickly !!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I love my 2018 Impreza but wish it was faster. I remember looking under the hood of a Testarossa ( think Miami Vice era) and it had a flat 12 just like our Subaru's but with 8 more cylinders. This swap seems like a natural fit. I figured since the engine will be out I should add a quad Turbo set up for a little more Juice. I want to stay auto so a PDK from a Porsche would be ideal. I've never done anything like this before but I'm hoping the Internet and Youtube Videos should make it easy. Does anyone foresee any problems with this swap? I'll keep the HP under 1100 for the sake of reliability so that should be no problem. Thank you.

...but will it be fast enough to kick a tablecloth from under it without moving forward? That would be the true magic trick of this one!

·
Registered
710 Posts
There was someone that one called their car a Twinstar. The took a late 90's Cadillac Eldarado with Northstar v-8 in front and added a 2nd engine and trans to the rear. That was a pretty interesting project.

·
Registered
137 Posts
PDawg, this may be as close as you can get ...

Reactions: PDawg

·
Registered
135 Posts
There was someone that one called their car a Twinstar. The took a late 90's Cadillac Eldarado with Northstar v-8 in front and added a 2nd engine and trans to the rear. That was a pretty interesting project.
I know a guy who started a similar project. I don't know how it ended up because he went on to help his daughter build a crazy Blazer. I met him when I was into S-10's... he had one with 2 V-8 engines coupled together so he was sitting in the extended cab of the pickup truck. It was wild for hundreds of other reasons, too.

http://s-seriesforum.com/albums/album168/Nats06_128.sized.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
That sounds wild indeed. I'd love to see that bad boy in real life. Don't suppose you know if that project was posted anywhere online?

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I still want someone to go for it and tear the impreza apart and make it a beast.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts