5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Premium Hatchback
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on getting lugnuts for sure and the center cap I’m going to do a translucent smoke for now

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Premium Hatchback
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn’t think about the center cap till I put them on. Definitely want to darken it up but keep the logo visible lugs have got to be black too I’m not a fan of the chrome lol but it did change the whole look of the car

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks. They are from JDMFV. They have quite a range of color selections and finish (matte, glossy, carbon fiber). You pick the logo and background colors and there are endless possibilities that can be tailored to any wheel. Not a bad investment for under $20.

It took me a little while and some patience, but I made sure to line the new logo up with the existing factory logo due to the raised texture on the center caps. Even though it's not in color, you can still the the oval through the overlay and I think they would look a bit off if not lined up well.

I haven't actually taken a picture of them on the wheel while on the car, but definitely changed the overall look of the wheels. I'll try to get one posted soon.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Those look really good! I also have overlays from JDMFV but haven't bothered to put them on yet. Did you use a hair dryer / heat gun for placement? I'm afraid of not lining mine up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
No I didnt use a heat gun or anything. I removed the center caps anand brought them inside so I could work over top of them on the table to line them up better. Cleaned the center caps well with rubbing alcohol pads before applying the overlay.

When I did them, I only placed the center down lightly and checked the alignment before going any further. I did have to retry a couple times on one, but the overlay was forgiving. I'd actually say there are more vinyl sticker that traditional vinyl that requires any heat.

Once they were lined up, I used a soft cloth around my finger to adhere the sticker from the center out and work out any air bubbles. One or two had just a hair of an overhang on the edge, but I trimmed the outer edge with a razor blade so there were no loose edges to get pulled up or get dirt under. For the cost of what they are, I couldn't be happier. I like the Subaru emblem, but just felt the blue logos clashed with red paint a little.

Although I did think of some other color/finish options I could have done once they were finished, but that's just me being picky and overthinking it. Haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts