5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
It happens to me too but it's because I am getting other notification on the phone like my ring cameras going off. Notifications that show up on the phone but not AA. My S21 just got updated with Android 12 and now I can't play music through YT Music that is stored on my phone through AA. It tells me there are no files but when I go to YT Music on my phone it all works. So, you fix something and break something else.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don’t believe that my Premium trim level has the option of WiFi either. I had to go to the dealer for my last update.
Correct. Just hot spot. Starts on the sport and even that is an optional upgrade to the 8 inch stereo, I believe.
It happens to me too but it's because I am getting other notification on the phone like my ring cameras going off. Notifications that show up on the phone but not AA. My S21 just got updated with Android 12 and now I can't play music through YT Music that is stored on my phone through AA. It tells me there are no files but when I go to YT Music on my phone it all works. So, you fix something and break something else.
I get what you're saying but my situation is attenuation without ANY notifications happening whatsoever.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you for this information on fixing the preset issue. I tried getting my local dealership to fix it months ago. They wouldn't touch it since I have an aftermarket sub and amp.
That's a way out of doing the work. Those things shouldn't matter in the update. It wasn't bad just follow the directions carefully. You'll need a 16gb USB drive; preferably, a good brand name like Kingston, SanDisk, etc. Most update files come zipped. You must unzip them and put the folder titled "update" on an empty ntfs formatted thumb drive. The entire folder itself should be copied with nothing else on the drive. I recommend (as does the update tsb) running the car while updating.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
I know this isn't for the Impreza but I got notice of an update for my 18 Legacy GPS today with a new software version. My subscription expired on the 30th and it just came out today. Go figure. I'm not paying them for an update since I use AA. I'm wondering if a new software version is coming for the Impreza.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I know the map update came out, but have not seen any new updates specifically for the Impreza firmware yet. Was planning to check the next few days and see if there are any updates. Perks of being a Subaru parts employee, you can see when updates are posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im struggling to find a link for the usb update. when i go to subarunet dot com i get a login screen. i must be missing something. did anyone have a link to the update zip for a '18 base with no nav? my software version is rel_a1.19.12.20

·
Registered
53 Posts
im struggling to find a link for the usb update. when i go to subarunet dot com i get a login screen. i must be missing something. did anyone have a link to the update zip for a '18 base with no nav? my software version is rel_a1.19.12.20
I can get you a link when I get home tonight.

Reactions: benskeet

·
Registered
254 Posts
Judging by what I have seen in the update PDF I don't have the latest update for my '19 Sport with no NAV but my car checks via wifi and it says it is up to date. Previous updates came down via wifi so I'm not sure I want to F with it. I also saw an update in the harman GPS update app recently for my '18 Legacy Sport with GPS but now it is gone. Not sure if they pulled it or not.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Judging by what I have seen in the update PDF I don't have the latest update for my '19 Sport with no NAV but my car checks via wifi and it says it is up to date. Previous updates came down via wifi so I'm not sure I want to F with it. I also saw an update in the harman GPS update app recently for my '18 Legacy Sport with GPS but now it is gone. Not sure if they pulled it or not.
I know there was an update that came out for the NAV systems for a map/software update, but as for a firmware the last update to come out for all levels of 2019+ on the Impreza the file still lists December 2020. What is your firmware?

·
Registered
'17 Base Sedan 5mt
50 Posts
Shoutout to PartsWizzard, came through with the sauce. Initially tried to do the install directly through the USB port in the center console, and it saw the update just fine when I clicked on system info in settings, but got stuck in a loop saying "Install failed, USB disconnected, retry" and couldn't exit out of the install. But oddly enough when I connected it through my powered USB hub it verified and installed the update just fine. My17 base.

Radio volume is finally at the same volume as the rest of my media, and fingers crossed I don't get anymore issues with my backup cam.

Font Gas Rectangle Display device Electronic device
Vehicle Netbook Gadget Font Communication Device
Plant Gadget Output device Electronic device Font

Reactions: longboy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don’t believe that my Premium trim level has the option of WiFi either. I had to go to the dealer for my last update.
That is correct. Not even Starlink. I'm having the same issue trying to find a download for it. I have seen Youtube videos on it, but you never know what files you loading and what they can do to your system. If you figure it out let me know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That is correct. Not even Starlink. I'm having the same issue trying to find a download for it. I have seen Youtube videos on it, but you never know what files you loading and what they can do to your system. If you figure it out let me know.
I keep monitoring the software and last update was published in December of 2020. What model do you have?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just saw an update for my '18 Legacy which has GPS. REL_A2.21.40.20 NAFTA. Don't know what software improvements are included if any. Not sure if there is going to be an update for the Impreza without GPS; I have a '19 Sport. What I wish they would do is fix the phone contact issue. I think I have my own fix but am not 100% sure yet. My problem is if I connect my phone to the cable and before the BT connects, I have issues with contacts, messages and call logs via the built in phone app where they won't show up and the option to "download contacts" is off and you can['t turn it on with the phone plugged in. But if I connect BT first before I connect the cable the issue hasn't returned. It would be nice if I didn't have to remember to put the BT on and connect before I plug in. A lot of times, I am just on auto pilot. I get it, start the car and plug the phone in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just saw an update for my '18 Legacy which has GPS. REL_A2.21.40.20 NAFTA. Don't know what software improvements are included if any. Not sure if there is going to be an update for the Impreza without GPS; I have a '19 Sport. What I wish they would do is fix the phone contact issue. I think I have my own fix but am not 100% sure yet. My problem is if I connect my phone to the cable and before the BT connects, I have issues with contacts, messages and call logs via the built in phone app where they won't show up and the option to "download contacts" is off and you can['t turn it on with the phone plugged in. But if I connect BT first before I connect the cable the issue hasn't returned. It would be nice if I didn't have to remember to put the BT on and connect before I plug in. A lot of times, I am just on auto pilot. I get it, start the car and plug the phone in.
It is a Nav/maps update only and does not apply to the non-Nav systems. I will say that I have heard there is another software update coming that is in testing and QA and does not have an ETA for release, but should be soon.

Reactions: wheel366
21 - 40 of 41 Posts