5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first American-made Subaru Impreza has been built in Indiana.

Before, the Impreza used to be built strictly in Japan while the Legacy and Outback were built in Indiana.

Does this really make a difference to anything ? Except maybe freight and delivery charges or do those remain the same as well ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm not too sure how it would affect freight charges. I've heard of cars being produced in Oakville, and people that lived in Oakville are paying more freight then the people that are buying the car down in Houston. Don't know how true it is, but that's what I've heard and that's pretty messed up.

Nonetheless, I really don't care where it's being manufactured. Whether it's in Mexico, Brazil, China, whatever. Once when I get it, it's put together with quality and I don't have stupid fitment issues on any panels or whatever the case may be.

Will they be hiring more employees ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I can't imagine delivery charges being much different and overall it's not something to be concerned about compared to everything else going on. Owners of the previous generation were paying $700+ for delivery, what we'll be paying won't deviate from that much.

I'm more interested in the manufacturing process, quality control, etc... far more significant than if we'll be paying $200-300 less or not on a $35k+ product.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm sure Subaru has sent someone to the Indiana factory for quality control as the Impreza is supposed to get their name out there and it'll be detrimental if the quality just isn't up to par compared to its rivals.

·
Registered
229 Posts
One downside is it's bigger than just what they do in that factory but what happens at the factories they will get getting parts from since they don't make everything in house from scratch, lots of suppliers to account for and as a consumer its not exactly easy to find out who those suppliers are and if they have changed at any point in time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts