5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came back to this on my parked car. This is my first car (leased) and I want to know:
1) What it should cost to get a repair at the dealership?
2) Can I wait another two months (next maintenance check) or will this cause other issues?
3) Anything else I should be aware of

Many thanks for the help!

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,608 Posts
Well bummer :( Since it's on the bumper plastic it won't rust. So waiting won't really do much. Honestly if it were me I'd get some OEM touch up paint, watch some how to youtube videos and fix it myself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree with peaty... Won't rust and can at least make it look better with touch up paint. Also, I know that Subaru has a $1,000 damage waiver on leases (through Subaru Finance). I have leased 2 previous Imprezas and never exceeded the $1,000 of damage.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,608 Posts
My wife accidently closed the garage door while the hatch was open on our outback. It did a number on the area just to the sides of the license plate. It kind of looks like what your damage is but a fair amount more. Similar in that it was on a radius area not a flat one. I had the touch up paint already and fixed it with that. It's not perfect but from 5 paces looks fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.