5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Base Wagon
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a long time wrangler owner but wanted to give Subarus a chance for a number of reasons I am sure you all can guess. I am sure I will find out a lot by poking around the forums here but are there any pieces of advice you wish you knew upfront. Maybe in terms of maintenance/care or other resources, I should know about?

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
129 Posts
Rear windows don't roll up but front windows do when you take the key out.
Oil changes are super easy.

Reactions: CaptainMcNutty

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
2,081 Posts
I have been a long time wrangler owner but wanted to give Subarus a chance for a number of reasons I am sure you all can guess. I am sure I will find out a lot by poking around the forums here but are there any pieces of advice you wish you knew upfront. Maybe in terms of maintenance/care or other resources, I should know about?
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your first Subie and welcome to the family! My wife has owned three dif. Wranglers (company cars) so I got to drive them often. You must have certainly noticed quite the difference when you switched to an Impreza.

·
Registered
2018 Base Wagon
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your first Subie and welcome to the family! My wife has owned three dif. Wranglers (company cars) so I got to drive them often. You must have certainly noticed quite the difference when you switched to an Impreza.
Yes, it is very different. The doors keep getting in the way. Can we take them off the Impreza? :p Things to get used to. So far so good.

·
Registered
2018 Base Wagon
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
20200731_104401.jpg 20200731_104424.jpg 20200731_104411.jpg
I upgraded this $80USD cargo rack that I am happy with. Some gutter seam filler and truck bed liner really did the trick on the lower grade hardware for it. If anyone goes with this rack, read the reviews for the DIY tips. It is worth the time and a few extra dollars.

·
Registered
2020 Sport hatchback manual - Baltimore, MD
9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Base Wagon
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you handpaint the waves and palmetto? I really like that!
Thanks, I am happy with it. I used stencils to paint it in and did some by hand to fill it in and detail it. I am curious to see how long it will hold up. I sealed it so it should for a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts