5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all..

Needed a car. Supply chain issues as they were. Ended up with the only thing in a 4 hour radius that didn't involve an 8 month delay. 馃檭

The other vehicles were out of price range and ended up with a recently cancelled order. 5spd touring 2023 Impreza Hatch.

I got out of the JDM game after my beloved Integra at the tail end of University. Been into jeeps and building projects since.

Recently sold my daily driver and cycled into work all summer, but winter is here and my beast 87 YJ ain't ever touching Canadian Winter Salty roads again... so, I was cornered into the Impreza. I can't lie... I picked it up 3 days ago. It's a blast. I'm hooked.

Time lapse from just this morning until moments ago (tinted, wheels/tires, fog lights)

Pretty good for one day, will be tinting the factory fog lights yellow tomorrow morning.

Not bad for a one day transition.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I don't plan too much for it. Just making it tolerable for me .... but I come from this.... so:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Steering wheel Automotive tire
Automotive lighting Gas Electric blue Tints and shades Visual effect lighting
Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Trunk Bumper

Tolerable is certainly subjective lol.

It's a fun little whip for me for the next couple years and a flip. Considering used market what it is and the supply not there... at the price point I paid for this cancelation... not bad. So I won't be messing with too much that affects its value.

The couple that ordered it got premium interior and stereo/speakers. Heated seats and steering wheel. Digging the mix and match of options that were chosen.

Saying hi and welcoming you to my subie journey.

Registered
Hey all..

Needed a car. Supply chain issues as they were. Ended up with the only thing in a 4 hour radius that didn't involve an 8 month delay. 馃檭

The other vehicles were out of price range and ended up with a recently cancelled order. 5spd touring 2023 Impreza Hatch.

I got out of the JDM game after my beloved Integra at the tail end of University. Been into jeeps and building projects since.

Recently sold my daily driver and cycled into work all summer, but winter is here and my beast 87 YJ ain't ever touching Canadian Winter Salty roads again... so, I was cornered into the Impreza. I can't lie... I picked it up 3 days ago. It's a blast. I'm hooked.

Time lapse from just this morning until moments ago (tinted, wheels/tires, fog lights)

Pretty good for one day, will be tinting the factory fog lights yellow tomorrow morning.

Not bad for a one day transition. View attachment 28641 View attachment 28642
View attachment 28643
View attachment 28645
View attachment 28646 View attachment 28648

Love the wheels, stock wheels are horrible

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love the wheels, stock wheels are horrible
Atrocious.

No effort.

Suitable for a single librarian in her 60s, sure.

Glad things worked out as they did and I think I kind of dig this Impreza.

May wrap the entire vehicle to protect the paint with a Satin sheen clear wrap, hence utilizing the best colour offering to my advantage.

Registered
Congrats on the new car btw.

These things are slow but have character.

Not sure if yours is manual or auto. I got a manual. I've never seen any other car or even suv handle like the little Impreza in the snow. Last year was it's first winter and I commute 25 minutes, there was 10 inches of snow (unplowed as it was 4am) so I left 20 minutes early, arrived to work 19 minutes early lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks awesome. What are those fog lights you got?
I have all sorts of doo-dads unused in storage from my Jeep.

These were a misdelivery. I had ordered clear plain housings, they sent these amber. I didn't open the box until after return time period and got stuck with them.

Low and behold 4 years later. Lol.

Those are not final placement. Awaiting a license plate relocation bracket so I can center them closer together and mount them properly with the license plate outta the way.

I'm making this an actual touring vehicle. Roof rack coming but having trouble figuring out what I need for the fixed point Assembly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the Subi world! I'm on Subi #3 for my house...I've also had Jeeps (XJ, CJ, WJ, and WK). Sold my CJ on 35's 10 years ago this weekend.

The Impreza looks great, btw!
Thanks dude.

I'll never sell my YJ. Lol. Way too many man hours into it not only in re-engineering... but lonely nights in my underground car park welding, axle swapping, drive train modding, thinking, details. And on and on

I look forward to making this impreza a sporty touring vehicle for my wife and I.

Small/narrow rooftop basket and snow board carrier is up next in terms of MAJOR additions

Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
I'll never sell my YJ. Lol. Way too many man hours into it not only in re-engineering... but lonely nights in my underground car park welding, axle swapping, drive train modding, thinking, details. And on and on
I never thought I would sell my CJ but I was realizing that it was just becoming garage art and hardly ever getting driven. Nobody in the house enjoyed off-roading as much as I did, and the CJ was just getting too cranky as a 30 y/o vehicle to keep it running in tip-top shape. This was the day I sold the Jeep:

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Plastidipped the fully chrome front wings on the grill.

My normal self would probably just have mangled the grill and made it a nice steel mesh piece. But again, I have to mod in a way not to disrupt natural OEM components for resale value. This will do. The goal here is to mod and enhance the vehicle in a way that it can quickly be brought back to stock if future demands... or add components that are functional and hence add value in a potential sale.

I do plan to grab the black with blue stars emblems though.

Who knows? In 3 years I fall in love with this vehicle and I keep it forever?
Vehicle registration plate Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

So.

On order:
1. Fixed attachment cross rails.
2. Narrow (2ft wide) cargo basket. (Already have my snowboard carriers from my former vehicle for the other half of the cross rails).
3. Mud flaps because the offset of the wheel pokes the tires out just enough to make a mess.
4. License plate relocation bracket (so I can properly mount my front fog lights more centralized and up a little higher.
5. Will most likely get the vehicle completely wrapped in a satin clear tint prior to installed the roof rails.
6. After that... when the season comes... kroil/undercoat the eff outta her.
7. If boredom strikes and I'm out of YJ projects... I may space up the stock wing just to give it a little added something it desperately needs back there visually for my taste
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

Here is a shot of the tires peeking out.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well. We live in a world built now for fairies.

Most people need a diaper. Soft, sensitive and quiet safe spaces.

Rides great.

Then again, I'm also not a (|) with delusional expectations of what this vehicle can and should offer me at the price point. It is exactly what I expected and I'm more than okay with it.

I actually really Iike the thing

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
LED headlights bulbs installed. Much better. The LED lights which were necessary on my old jeep spoiled me. And I physically no longer feel like I can see with halogens. It's a perception difference thing.
Car Vehicle Grille Tire Automotive lighting

As you can tell. The license plate was relocated to the recovery point and red thread locked in place. This allowed me to move the fog lights higher and centralized.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Also added a cubby to the interior fuse panel cover.
Gas Machine Darkness Wood

It's getting there.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts